With the continued expansion of our award winning technical services company, Sudlows, who work throughout the UK, have a growing portfolio of projects and have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Security Commissioning Engineer to join our successful Enterprise Services division.
We have over 200 staff and have achieved recent growth with ongoing expansion plans. Sudlows are keen to recruit candidates who will be part of this ambition. We are an equal opportunities employer and value diversity in our workforce.
The successful candidate will be involved in the commissioning of a range of security systems. You will have a strong understanding of a range of security products including access control and IP CCTV and the underpinning theory as to how they operate.
The Commissioning Engineer must be fully conversant in not only the physical installation of security systems but also have a deep knowledge on the commissioning of security systems and have the ability to understand design and installation documentation to ensure that all hardware is deployed and configured according to the design and the client’s requirements.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Installation and Commissioning of a range of Security Systems.
- Maintenance, fault calls and auditing on a range of Security Systems.
- Installation and testing of Structured Cabling Systems.
- Interpreting and understanding proposal documents, schematics and drawings.
- Accurate and timely completion of all work related documentation including but not limited to test results, commissioning information, drawings and O&M information.
- Ensure the highest quality of workmanship at all times.
- Ensure accurate, clear and concise documentation at all times.
- Self-auditing own work.
- Interfacing with other systems and sub-contractors, in particular other security systems, the ICT network and life safety systems.
- Accurate and timely completion of all internal documentation as required in your employment contract.
- Maintain adherence to Sudlows health and safety standards at all times.
Skills and Qualifications:
The role of Security Commissioing Engineer will be defined by and the role holder being required to gain and maintain the following accreditations at a minimum;
- Minimum 3 years installation experience
- Minimum of 1no of either PASMA or IPAF
- Minimum 1no Level 3 industry recognised accreditation in a security related discipline
- Current manufacturer training in a minimum of 75% of core vendor solutions installed by the business, i.e. Paxton, Hikvision, CEM etc.
- Membership of an industry recognised scheme such as Tavcom CTSP or The Security Institute
- CSCS or ECS card
- Asbestos Awareness
- Manual Handling
- Working At Height Safely
- Completion of screening to BS7858
- Completion of Sudlows internal security training workshop
- Full UK driving licence
- Demonstrable knowledge of the installation and commissioning of a range of Security Systems
- Demonstrable knowledge of networking theory and how it applies to Security Systems
- Demonstrable knowledge of Structured Cabling Systems
- Understanding of the interfacing requirements between Access Control systems and CCTV, Building Intelligence and a buildings life safety systems
- Knowledge of both open protocol and closed protocol systems
- Good knowledge of basic electrical principles such as measuring voltage and current drain
We offer a competitive package commensurate with qualifications and experience to the right candidate including professional training and long-term career development opportunities.