With the continued expansion of our award winning technical services company, Sudlows, who work throughout the UK, have a growing portfolio of projects and have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Operations Manager to join our successful business.
We have over 200 staff and have achieved recent growth with ongoing expansion plans. Sudlows are keen to recruit candidates who will be part of this ambition. We are an equal opportunities employer and value diversity in our workforce.
The Operations Manager will be accountable for the overall operational management through delivery of projects and services to time, cost, quality and customer satisfaction objectives. The Operations manager will own the Profit and Loss (P&L) operational delivery account and ensure operational excellence through the service delivery to customers and end user clients.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate appropriate Health and Safety leadership to ensure that the safety first and foremost message is visible and alive throughout any activities carried out
- Ensure adherence to all Sudlows policies, processes and procedures
- To ensure projects and services are delivered in accordance with the company and customer processes, procedures, and statutory obligations
- To deliver projects, to agreed gross profit targets, in accordance with company objectives and standards. Ensure provision of timely revenue and cost forecasts, business planning, revenue generation and collection is managed for the projects. To also accurately manage Earnings Based Accounting [ EBA] for assigned profit centres for specific accounts, delivering planned profitability per contract
- Ensure the provision of professional project planning throughout the project lifecycle. Also responsible for project and programme delivery, ensuring provision of timely and accurate internal Key Performance Indicator (KPI) and customer project reporting. Accountable for the delivery of projects, to agreed gross profit targets, in accordance with company objectives and standards, whilst ensuring exceptional customer satisfaction
- Provide leadership for the Project delivery team under direct line management. Control and create a robust and resilient delivery team. To also drive the adoption of group policies ensuring that appropriate training is undertaken to provide the skills necessary to excel within their customer facing role
- Act as the primary support to the operational delivery team being responsible for all operational issues across the entire suite of delivered services. Make tactical decisions over the service, direction and strategy. To also act as a point of escalation, taking ownership of issues and seeing them through to resolution
- To interface and maintain new and existing customer relations and drive to provide quality customer service. To ensure optimal client relationships are sustained and service delivery meets and exceeds customer expectations. Managing the end to end processes that meets the customer requirements to the agreed outputs
- To participate within bid activity; as requested by the senior management and to work in conjunction with the Business Development department and in line with Focus Win processes
- Support Sales and Marketing to maximise revenue opportunities and grow the ITS projects delivery base. To also maximise revenue from contracts/Projects through scope growth and variation orders
- Promote and encourage the adoption of Sudlows Group values and vision, and active participation in the critical success factors
- Responsible for mentoring and improving individuals within the operations team. Dealing with people management issues in accordance with the disciplinary, absence and capability policies. This includes conducting disciplinary and absence review meetings and conducting one to one reviews to increase buy in of individuals and ensure issues have minimum potential of arising. This should be reviewed every 12 months as a minimum
Planning and Organising:
- Ability to organise own workload
- Ability to prioritise work and deliver to tight deadlines
- Able to maintain accurate and timely records as required by the role
- Forward thinking, dedicated and driven
Working with People:
- Able to establish a rapport with service users as necessary e.g. clients, members of the public, other contractors etc.
- Understands how to encourage and influence people to get the best from them
- Understands the needs of others and able to respond accordingly
- Able to communicate factual information politely and courteously.
- Has excellent spoken skills e.g. telephone and face-to-face conversations.
- Has advanced written and numeric skills appropriate to the job.
We offer a competitive package commensurate with qualifications and experience to the right candidate including professional training and long-term career development opportunities.
Rate: Negotiable dependant on experience.