Today at Sudlows we are celebrating 110 years in business!
On this special day for Sudlows, we thought we would share our story, history and some of the major milestones that have shaped the way we are today…
- Sudlows was founded as ‘A.E Sudlows & Co’ in 1912.
- In 1920, Sudlows became founding members of the Electrical Contractors Association (ECA). We remain members to this day. You can see Managing Director of Critical Infrastructures, Andy Hirst being interviewed about our projects and the ECA here.
- Sudlows gained our first major electrical contract in 1938 at Stepping Hill Hospital in Stockport.
- In 1981 BT were privatised and Sudlows began working in Enterprise Services.
- Microsoft launched their Windows operating system in 1985.
- INS Design bought A.E Sudlows in 1990.
- The World Wide Web went live to the public in 1991.
- In 1996, Sudlows became service partners with BT.
- 1998 marked the beginning of Sudlows working within Critical Infrastructures.
- In 2010, Sudlows won the prestigious ‘Business of the Year Award’ at the M.E.N Awards.
- Sudlows celebrated our 100-year anniversary in 2012.
- Sudlows opened its first international office in 2014 in Dubai.
- In 2016 our UK operation moved to a brand-new office.
- Sudlows acquired Progressive Networks in 2017 to increase local support and enhance service offering.
- In 2020 Sudlows opened their second international office, in Mumbai. We have since opened new locations in both Singapore and Dublin.
That takes us up to the present day. We have enjoyed delivering an extensive range of Critical Infrastructure and IT infrastructure projects over the last 110 years, a range of which you can find in our case studies section. We will be marking the occasion by hosting a staff BBQ later today. We are excited for many more years of working at the core of your business, embracing new technologies and delivering sustainable and innovative projects.