Due to the continued expansion of our highly successful specialised engineering company, we have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Project Manager to manage a range projects which include a technology element as their primary focus. This technology could be IP Security, Networking, Wireless or Audio Visual Systems.
We have over 200 staff and have achieved recent growth with ongoing expansion plans. Sudlows are keen to recruit candidates who will be part of this ambition. We are an equal opportunities employer and value diversity in our workforce.
The Project Manager will retain ownership of the project from the point at which the project is secured from the client and handed to the operational team for delivery right through to the final close out stages including compilation of final project documentation and handover to the client. The Project Manager will be responsible for all day to day management of the project including the management of labour and materials on the project and regular interaction with the client ensuring that expectations are managed and met. The Project Manager will preferably have a background in Security.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Owning assigned Projects from start to finish and ensuring clear and precise customer and stakeholder communication is provided throughout the project.
- Ensuring all Projects are delivered on time, on budget, and with great customer experience.
- Developing and maintaining a detailed project action tracker and risk schedule.
- Managing project scope and change control and escalating issues where necessary.
- Monitoring project progress and performance.
Ability to manage uncertainty and understand the impact of this on the project; proactive and forward-looking.
- Interact with technical engineers inside the business and non-technical customers outside of the company.
- Managing the onsite installation teams and 3rd party contractors.
- Working with the wider operation team to ensure all resource and materials are aligned to the project in good order.
- Compilation of all project related artefacts and final O&M documentation as a key deliverable to be provided to client within agreed timescales.
- Completion of all internal processes and documentation as required by the role.
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Demonstrable experience over 5 years to delivering technology biased projects.
- A demonstrable understanding of the project life cycle.
- Ownership of project finances.
- Able to demonstrate a formal methodology background combined with a think on your feet attitude. While methodology and process is important, this is not a rigid environment so would be expected to demonstrate a flexible approach to suit the particular project and customer requirements.
- Knowledge and demonstrable experience of project planning processes, techniques, methodologies, risk and commercial savvy.
- Demonstrable experience of managing stakeholder expectations.
- High level of IT literacy (MS Office etc…).
- Excellent written communication and documentation skills.
- Excellent customer facing manner.
- Flexible approach to working location and times.
Desirable Skills & Experience:
- Industry recognised training and certification in a technology focused discipline i.e. IP Networking such as CCNA or above or IP Security such as an applicable BTEC or CTSP.
- Manufacturer awarded training in a technology focussed discipline such as HPE / Aruba, Cisco or Juniper for IP Networking or Hikvision for IP Security for example.
- Recognised educational award at degree level of an IT related discipline.
- Proven experience and / or industry recognised training with other technologies in the intelligent building space such as, Intelligent Lighting, HVAC and Energy Management.
- Project Management aligned qualification such as PRINCE2, ITIL or PMP for example.
- Health and Safety qualification.
We offer a competitive package commensurate with qualifications and experience to the right candidate including professional training and long-term career development opportunities.
Rate: Negotiable dependant on experience.