The role of CCTV Engineer sits within Enterprise Services. The employee will be involved in the installation and commissioning of a range of CCTV systems. They will have a strong understanding of a range of CCTV products and the underpinning theory as to how they operate. The CCTV Engineer must be fully conversant in not only the physical installation of the CCTV systems but also have the ability to understand the client’s requirements and be able to transition them into a commissioning plan and then undertake and document that commissioning process. As part of this role the engineer must also be a capable structured cabling installer as they may be involved in installing the network infrastructure the CCTV sits on or aid in the installation of structured cabling systems in other areas of the business as the need arises.
Sudlows prides itself on quality of our installations and how we engage with the customer, as a customer facing operative the engineer will be expected to provide a high level of customer service in keeping with Sudlows standards as well as proving clear and concise communication both internally and externally. The highest levels of workmanship are expected as standard as well as strict adherence to our health and safety standards. All engineers are expected to be able to follow company processes relating to work generated documentation and our internal paperwork and systems.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Installation and commissioning of CCTV Systems.
- Maintenance and fault calls on and CCTV Systems.
- Installation and testing of Structured Cabling Systems.
- Interpreting and understanding proposal documents, schematics and drawings.
- Accurate and timely completion of all work related documentation including but not limited to test results, commissioning information, drawings and O&M information.
- Ensure the highest quality of workmanship at all times.
- Ensure accurate, clear and concise documentation at all times.
- Self-auditing own work.
- Interfacing with other systems and sub-contractors, in particular but not limited to Access Control, Building Intelligence and Fire and Intruder alarm services and other life safety systems.
- Accurate and timely completion of all internal documentation as required in your employment contract.
- Maintain adherence to Sudlows health and safety standards at all times.
- This list is not exhaustive and you may be asked to assist in other areas of the business as the need arises.
- Demonstrable knowledge of CCTV installation.
- Demonstrable knowledge of commissioning CCTV systems.
- Demonstrable knowledge of Structured Cabling Systems.
- Previously verifiable experience working in the electronic securities sector.
- Understanding of the interfacing requirements between CCTV systems and a buildings Access Control, Intelligence and Life Safety Systems.
- Knowledge of both open protocol and closed protocol systems.
- Good knowledge of basic electrical principles such as measuring voltage and current drain.
- Good attention to detail and accuracy while completing documentation.
- Basic knowledge of IP Networking and a good IT competence.
- Working knowledge of current and prevalent CCTV standards.
- Flexible approach to working location and times.
- UK Driving Licence.
- CSCS / ECS Card.
- Industry recognised training and certification in CCTV systems.
- Industry recognised training or proven experience in the design of CCTV systems.
- A high technical understanding and proven experience in IP networking, including switching, routing and wireless.
- Proven experience and / or industry recognised training with other technologies in the intelligent building space such as Access Control, Intelligent Lighting, HVAC and Energy Management.
- Experience working to NACOSS NSI Gold Standards.
We offer a competitive package commensurate with qualifications and experience to the right candidate including professional training and long-term career development opportunities.
Rate: Negotiable dependant on experience.