With the continued expansion of our award-winning technical services company, Sudlows, who work throughout the UK, have a growing portfolio of projects and have a fantastic new role and opportunity for a Graduate/Intermediate Electrical Design Engineer to join our successful business.
We have over 200 staff and have achieved recent growth with ongoing expansion plans. Sudlows are keen to recruit candidates who will be part of this ambition. We are an equal opportunities employer and value diversity in our workforce.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Production of Data Centre electrical design information for mission critical services including; LV Distribution, Generator & UPS systems.
- Specification of mission critical electrical engineering services.
- Electrical schematic and layout drawings for construction using AutoCAD/Revit.
- Electrical design calculations using Amtech.
- Studies on Data Centre and sustainable systems for projects.
- Lighting design using Dialux.
- Condition surveys and writing engineering reports.
- Dealing with engineering and project technical related issues.
- Attending Design Team meetings and workshops.
- Construction stage activities including; site monitoring and inspections.
- Witness of commissioning activities and Integrated Systems Testing.
- Liaise with Sub-Contractors and provide all associated drawing information required for work package installations.
- Work with the Procurement Team to ensure all necessary specifications and drawings are available for procurement use.
- Review of purchase orders with respect to technical design details
- Communicate with Site Managers and Site Engineers and provide information for management of installation and commissioning activities.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Qualifications in Electrical Engineering or in a related field.
- Based in or around Manchester, willing to travel and have full working rights in the UK.
- HNC/HND or BEng (Hons)/MSc, MEng in Electrical, Building Services Engineering.
- Strong desire to pursue a career in Electrical Engineering Design on Mission Critical Facilities
- Engineering design experience gained in building projects and Data Centres would be an advantage.
- Proactive individual with good communication skills.
- Experience with Amtech – preferable but not essential.
- Experience with AutoCAD/Revit – preferable but not essential.
- Competent in Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Able to work within a Design Team environment, prioritise tasks and manage time to meet deliverable deadlines.
- Experience with Data Centre Installations preferable but not essential.
- Continued professional development Experience with Data Centre Installations preferable but not essential.
- Good forward thinker and planner.
- Able to perform consistently under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Quick thinker and adaptable to different situations.
- Ability to accept change and new ideas.
- Exercise straightforward technical or professional judgement using Company values, policy and procedures to guide actions and decisions.
- Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of clients.
- Actively collect first-hand client information and use it to improve services and solutions.
- Understand the needs of others and able to respond accordingly
- Approachable team player who is able to communicate at different levels and situations and influence people.
- Has everyday spoken skills e.g. telephone and face-to-face conversations.
- Has advanced written and numeric skills appropriate to the job.
- Can clearly communicate ideas, plans and priorities to others.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.