With the continued expansion of our award-winning technical services company, Sudlows, who work throughout the UK, have a growing portfolio of projects and have a fantastic new role and opportunity for a Data Centre FM Engineer to join our successful business, wishing to take the next steps and develop their career in the field of mission critical engineering services.
We have over 200 staff and have achieved recent growth with ongoing expansion plans. Sudlows are keen to recruit candidates who will be part of this ambition. We are an equal opportunities employer and value diversity in our workforce.
Working within Sudlows FM Department, you will work within the Critical Infrastructures business, undertaking Data Centre planned maintenance, reactive calls, small Electrical installation projects, site surveys and third party contractor supervision, ensuring all site works are undertaken in a safe and compliant manner. The role will be based at a DC facility in Farnborough, Hampshire and candidates must be willing to be on a call out rota.
The successful candidate will be provided with appropriate training for understanding and installing Data Centre Infrastructure Management (DCIM) to allow our customers data centres to be continually monitored together with on the job training as and where required.
Working with the latest data centre technologies, you will work on award winning projects as part of a forward thinking team.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Understanding and experience of working within Data Centres and other critical environments.
- Ensure all Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) on plant and buildings are carried out efficiently and effectively, giving speedy resolution of downtime.
- Ensure all site facilities system failures are attended to & rectified efficiently and effectively.
- Oversee Contractors working onsite, ensuring Risk Assessments & Method Statements (RAMS) are in place and to issue work permits.
- To be able to work unsupervised on small installation projects e.g. LV Electrical Small Power and Lighting, UPS installations etc.
- To be able to conduct site surveys and gather and present material lists and labour requirements for the provision of quotations.
- Ensure all tasks carried out adhere to all relevant compliances with current legislation, policies & Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s)
- Fixed wiring testing & compliance to the current (IEE) regulations
- To have due regard for HASAWA, COSHH and Electricity at Work Regulations and to recommend remedial actions as necessary in these areas.
- To be available for call out in the event of site facilities systems failures.
- To be available for paid out of hours reactive attendance (on a rota basis)
- Ensure that all works carried out are accurately recorded onto the planned preventative maintenance (PPM) database and in a timely manner.
- Educated to minimum of GCSE level or equivalent in Engineering.
- Served a recognised apprenticeship.
- Current Electricity at Work regulations (IEE), qualification (18th edition preferred)
- A high level of Electrical & mechanical experience in site related work including experience of HVAC and plumbing.
- Experience/knowledge of critical cooling, UPS Systems, Generators & Fire Suppression Systems
- City and guilds 2391 – Initial and Periodic Electrical Inspection and Testing
- GMP documentation knowledge, including quality investigations and completing quality documentation.
- The role is field based and applicants must be willing to undertake significant travel and/or nights away from home.
- Level 1 thermography certification
Planning and Organising:
- Good forward thinker and planner with an ability to perform consistently under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Exercise straightforward technical or professional judgement using Company values, policy and procedures to guide actions and decisions.
Working with People:
- Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of clients.
- Actively collect first-hand client information and uses it to improve services and solutions.
- Understand how to encourage and influence people to get the best from them.
- Approachable team player who is able to communicate at different levels and situations and influence people.
- Has good written and numeric skills appropriate to the job and can clearly communicate plans ideas and priorities.
We offer a competitive package commensurate with qualifications and experience to the right candidate including professional training and long-term career development opportunities.
Rate: To be negotiated dependent on experience.