With the expansion of Sudlows, we have an exciting career opportunity for an experienced and enthusiastic Senior Account Manager, within our Enterprise Services division. Sudlows, who work throughout the UK, have a growing portfolio of clients globally. We have over 240 staff and have achieved recent growth with ongoing expansion plans. Sudlows are keen to recruit candidates who will be part of this ambition. The successful candidate will be a valued member of one of our most exciting departments. We are currently looking to grow our business in the south and this role is a key part to this vision.
The Senior Account Manager maintains and expands relationships with strategically important customers, is responsible for achieving sales quota and assigned strategic account objectives. The Senior Account Manager represents the entire range of company products and services to existing and new clients, while leading the customer account planning cycle and ensuring customers’ needs and expectations are met by the company, as well as providing commercial support for sales strategies, to achieve margin and sales rate improvements.
For this specific role we are particularly interested in account managers with connectivity experience. We are looking for account managers who want to join and are able to quickly integrate into a dynamic and fast paced team.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Establishes productive, professional relationships with key personnel both internally and externally
- Meets targets for profitable sales volume and strategic objectives within assigned accounts
- Proactively assesses, clarifies, and validates customer needs on an ongoing basis
- Leads solution development efforts that best address customer needs, while coordinating the involvement of all necessary company staff and resources
- Achieves assigned sales quota for designated strategic accounts
- Meets assigned expectations for profitability
- Achieves customer objectives defined by company management
- Completes customer account plans that meet company standards
- Maintains high customer satisfaction ratings
- Negotiate and successfully close sales opportunities to meet and exceed agreed sales targets within the target markets agreed by the Sales Director.
- Develop and build long-term professional customer relationships with existing, new and potential clients. Maintain excellent relationships and after sales support to build mutual confidence in line with the agreed business strategy.
- Identify and build a long term active pipeline, exploring both existing markets and targeting new market opportunities.
- Use innovative means to develop new sources of profitable business.
- Ensure the accuracy and quality of all sales reporting.
- Take complete ownership of, develop and deliver exceptional sales and tender documents and presentations, in line with Company standards
Skills and Qualifications:
- Proven experience in an account management role, preferably in the construction/connectivity/ICT industry
- Exceptional skills in managing a heavy workload and conflicting demands, whilst consistently producing high-quality work to tight deadlines
- Experience of liaising with colleagues from operational to senior director level
- First class communication skills, personal confidence and the ability to influence others
- Intermediate to advanced Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience of consultant and/or contractor led services
- Excellent research skills with an eye for opportunity
- Meticulous written and verbal communication skills
Planning and Organising:
- Ability to organise own workload
- Ability to prioritise work and deliver to tight deadlines
- Able to maintain accurate and timely records as required by the role
- Identifies and knows how to solve everyday job-based problems in liaison with manager
Working with People:
- Able to establish a rapport with service users as necessary e.g. clients, members of the public, other contractors etc.
- Understands how to encourage and influence people to get the best from them
- Understands the needs of others and able to respond accordingly
- Able to communicate factual information politely and courteously
- Has excellent spoken skills e.g. telephone and face-to-face conversations
- Has advanced written and numeric skills appropriate to the job
- Able to listen, observe and report information to manager
We offer a competitive package commensurate with qualifications and experience to the right candidate including professional training and long-term career development opportunities.
Rate: To be negotiated dependent on experience.