Due to the continued expansion of our highly successful specialised engineering company, including our award winning structured cabling and fibre, electrical, data centre design and build businesses, we have an exciting career opportunity for an experienced and enthusiastic Account Manager.
Sudlows work throughout the UK and have a growing portfolio of clients globally. We have over 200 staff and have achieved recent growth with ongoing expansion plans. The successful candidate will be a valued member of one of our most successful departments.
We are currently looking to grow our business – and this position will be based from head office in Manchester, and is a key role within the sales and business development team.
The Account Manager develops, maintains and expands relationships with strategically important customers and is responsible for achieving sales quota and assigned strategic account objectives.
The role is to focus on the development of our Enterprise Services department – and supports the entire range of Company products and services to existing and new clients, while leading the customer’s account planning cycle and ensuring customers’ needs and expectations are met by the Company, as well as providing commercial support for sales strategies, to achieve margin and sales rate improvements.
We are looking for account or business development managers who want to join a successful team, and are able to quickly integrate into a dynamic and fast paced environment.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Establish productive, professional relationships with key personnel both internally and externally
- Meet targets for profitable sales volume and strategic objectives within assigned accounts
- Proactively assess, clarify, and validate customer needs on an ongoing basis
- Lead solution development efforts that best address customer needs, whilst coordinating the involvement of all necessary company staff and resources
- Achieve assigned sales quota for designated strategic accounts
- Meet assigned expectations for profitability
- Achieve customer objectives defined by company management
- Complete customer account plans that meet company standards
- Maintain high customer satisfaction ratings
- Negotiate and successfully close sales opportunities to meet and exceed agreed sales targets within the target markets agreed by the Sales Director.
- Develop and build long-term professional customer relationships with existing, new and potential clients. Maintain excellent relationships and after sales support to build mutual confidence in line with the agreed business strategy.
- Identify and build a long term active pipeline, exploring both existing markets and targeting new market opportunities.
- Use innovative means to develop new sources of profitable business.
- Ensure the accuracy and quality of all sales reporting.
- Take complete ownership of, develop and deliver exceptional sales and tender documents and presentations, in line with Company standards
Skills and Qualifications:
- Proven experience within a sales/account manager role, preferably in the construction/electrical/data and fibre industry
- Exceptional skills in managing a heavy workload and conflicting demands, whilst consistently producing high-quality work to tight deadlines
- Experience of liaising with colleagues from operational to senior director level
- First class communication skills, personal confidence and the ability to influence others
- Intermediate to advanced Word, Excel, PowerPoint skills
- Experience of consultant and/or contractor led services
- Excellent research skills with an eye for opportunity
- Meticulous written and verbal communication skills
Planning and Organising:
- Ability to organise own workload
- Ability to prioritise work and deliver to tight deadlines
- Able to maintain accurate and timely records as required by the role
- Identifies and knows how to solve everyday job-based problems in liaison with manager
Working with People:
- Able to establish a rapport with service users as necessary e.g. clients, members of the public, other contractors etc.
- Strong team player with the ability to integrate quickly into a diverse team
We offer a competitive package commensurate with qualifications and experience to the right candidate including professional training and long-term career development opportunities.
Rate: To be negotiated dependant on experience.