- Case Study
- Indectron – Shield House
Indectron provides premium carrier neutral colocation data centre technical space to service providers, enterprise, media, education, healthcare and government organisations.
Their data centres are used as protected environments for data and critical systems connected with a wide range of networks and cloud service providers.
Sudlows were awarded the contract to build the new Shield House data centre via competitive tender.
Shield House (GCR1) has capacity for more than 500 colocation racks within a high quality business park, which is developing into the cyber-security hub of the United Kingdom. The facility’s intelligent design delivers enhanced environmental efficiencies and perfectly supports high density computing.
The accredited facility is supported by resilience in both design and operations with helpdesk and remote hands services, which are available 24/7, 365 days a year.
- 3 colocation data halls
- Up to 500 colocation racks
- 3MW total power capacity
- 1.5MW facility IT power capacity
- 100% uptime SLA
- High security facility
- Concurrently maintainable
- Dedicated hall / cages
- Further phased expansion plans
- 2N redundant HV mains
- 2N active/active power distribution to racks
- 2N modular redundant UPS
- N+1 redundant standby generation with minimum 48hr on-site fuel and refill contract
- Full power monitoring and energy management
- PUE of up to 1.2 (hall dependent)
- N+1 resilient cooling
- Indirect free cooling
- Equipment inlet temperature range 24°C +/- 4°C
- Equipment inlet humidity range 40- 60% relative humidity
- Aisle and rack based air containment
With a communications heritage and a focus on cyber-security, Gloucestershire is an ideal location for Shield House as an accredited carrier neutral data centre. The Gloucester data centre is situated in Barnwood within easy reach of the motorway network linking it to Bristol, Birmingham, Swindon and Oxford.
“Sudlows depth of experience and commitment to going the ‘extra mile’ was immediately evident within their highly detailed proposal.
“The team at Sudlows provided several viable alternative options with substantive vendor assessment and rigorous technology selection that demonstrated outstanding value-add to the new facility and to our current and future customers.”
-Andrew Bence, Managing Director at Indectron