Due to the continued expansion of our highly successful specialised engineering company we have a new opportunity for an experienced CCTV Engineer to join our Enterprise Services team. We are looking for someone who has been involved in the installation and commissioning of a range of CCTV systems.
Sudlows work throughout the UK and have a growing portfolio of clients globally. We have over 200 staff and have achieved recent growth with ongoing expansion plans. Sudlows are keen to recruit candidates who will be part of this ambition.
The successful candidate will have a strong understanding of a range of CCTV products and the underpinning theory as to how they operate. The CCTV Engineer must be fully conversant in not only the physical installation of the CCTV systems but also have the ability to understand the client’s requirements and be able to transition them into a commissioning plan and then undertake and document that commissioning process.
As part of this role the engineer must also be a capable structured cabling installer as they may be involved in installing the network infrastructure the CCTV sits on or aid in the installation of structured cabling systems in other areas of the business as the need arises.
- Installation and commissioning of CCTV systems
- Maintenance and fault calls on CCTV systems.
- Installation and testing of structured cabling systems
- Interpreting and understanding proposal documents, schematics and drawings
- Accurate and timely completion of all work related documentation including but not limited to test results, commissioning information, drawings and O&M information.
- Ensure the highest quality of workmanship at all times.
- Ensure accurate, clear and concise documentation at all times.
- Self auditing own work.
- Interfacing with other systems and sub contractors, in particular but not limited to Access Control, Building Intelligence and Fire and Intruder alarm services and other life safety systems.
- Accurate and timely completion of all internal documentation as required in your employment contract.
- Maintain adherence to Sudlows health and safety standards at all times.
Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrable knowledge of CCTV installation.
- Demonstrable knowledge of commissioning CCTV systems.
- Demonstrable knowledge of structured cabling systems
- Previously verifiable experience working in the electronic securities sector.
- Understanding of the interfacing requirements between CCTV systems and a buildings Access Control, Intelligence and life safety systems.
- Knowledge of both open protocol and closed protocol systems.
- Good knowledge of basic electrical principles such as measuring voltage and current drain.
- Good attention to detail and accuracy while completing documentation.
- Basic knowledge of IP Networking and a good IT competence.
- Working knowledge of current and prevalent CCTV standards.
- Flexible approach to working location and times.
- UK Driving Licence.
- CSCS/ECS Card.
Working with People:
- Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of clients. Actively collect first-hand client information and uses it to improve services and solutions
- Understand how to encourage and influence people to get the best from them
- Understand the needs of others and able to respond accordingly
- Approachable team player who is able to communicate at different levels and situations and influence people
- Has everyday spoken skills e.g. telephone and face-to-face conversations
- Has advanced written and numeric skills appropriate to the job
- Can clearly communicate ideas, plans and priorities to others
We offer a competitive package commensurate with qualifications and experience to the right candidate including professional training and long-term career development opportunities.
Rate: To be negotiated dependant on experience.