Due to the continued expansion of our highly successful specialised engineering company, including our award winning data centre design and build business, we are looking for a Trainee Quantity Surveyor to work on projects within our Critical Infrastructure division.
To assist the Commercial team across the business to reduce commercial risk and manage the commercial aspects of our projects.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- To submit and manage monthly payment applications and variation accounts to customers.
- To review supplier and sub-contractor applications and invoices.
- To manage retention accounts with suppliers, sub-contractors and customers.
- To develop excellent working relationships with the critical infrastructure & finance teams
- To update and produce monthly cost reports
- To assist in updating and maintaining live client contract files
- To issue information internally and to clients
- To liaise with finance department on any outstanding issues
- To arrange and attend various CI meetings
- To compile and issue commercial handover packs
- To assist with company insurance queries
Skills & Experience:
- Good level of competency in Microsoft Office
- Previous experience in an administration role
- Good communication skills at staff and management level
- Above average organisational skills,
- Able to successfully manage workload and work to deadlines
- Experience working in the construction and or data centre industry would be an advantage
- Approachable persona
- Adaptability and time management
We offer a competitive package commensurate with qualifications and experience to the right candidate including professional training and long-term career development opportunities.
Rate: To be negotiated dependant on experience.