With the continued expansion of our award winning technical services company, Sudlows, who work throughout the UK, have a growing portfolio of projects and have a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic Trainee Estimator to join our successful business, based from our Manchester office. This role sits within a busy design & operational environment, focusing on Enterprises Services design and estimation.
We have over 200 staff and have achieved recent growth with on-going expansion plans. Sudlows are keen to recruit candidates who will be part of this ambition. We are an equal opportunities employer and value diversity in our workforce.
The successful candidate will assist the senior designers and estimators in the production of detailed and accurate connectivity & electrical estimates and proposals for traditional design & build projects throughout the UK. You will be required to work on a broad variety of minor and major projects, across most sectors including commercial and industrial.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Taking quantities off drawings, specifications and bills of quantities
- Using drawings and specifications to produce competitive tenders
- Assisting the senior estimators in production of complete building services designs and estimates up to £1M+ using Contract Master Estimation Software;
- Involvement in finalisation of tenders including value engineering suggestions, alternative manufacturer proposals etc. and transfer of agreed values into estimating system
- Producing & issuing tender packages for subcontractor packages and reviewing returned documents for inclusion in the main bid
- Production of client issued documentation detailing job specific technical & commercial information.
- Liaising with the wider design team to review tender documents and provide necessary clarification on proposed attendances, contract, terms etc. as required to limit unreasonable commercial risk
- Ensuring all roles and responsibilities are carried out in accordance with business procedures
Skills and Qualifications:
- Educated to A Level or degree level in Maths, Science, Computing or related subjects
- Ability to read and clearly understand emails, drawings and specifications
- Very good with English & Mathematics
- Ability to work under pressure and flexible in approach to tender deadlines
- Computer literate with experience of standard Microsoft packages incl. Excel
- Methodical forward thinker and planner
- Highly motivated, good work ethic and enthusiasm
- Confident and articulate with good attention to detail
- Able to communicate at different levels
- Able to perform under pressure and meet deadlines
- Quick thinker and adaptable to different situations
- Approachable and good interpersonal skills
- Creative mind – thinks about the best way to provide information in a clear and concise manner
We offer a competitive package commensurate with qualifications and experience to the right candidate including professional training and long-term career development opportunities.
Rate: To be negotiated dependant on experience.