With the continued expansion of our award winning specialised technical services business, Sudlows, who work throughout the UK, have a growing portfolio of projects and have an exciting career opportunity for an experienced and enthusiastic Technical Supervisor to join our Facilities Management team based in Oldham.
We have over 200 staff and have achieved recent growth with on-going expansion plans. Sudlows are keen to recruit candidates who will be part of this ambition. We are an equal opportunities employer and value diversity in our workforce.
In this role you will be expected to undertake a wide range of activity in both the design of new buildings and within existing buildings, including commercial office buildings, hospitals, educational, industrial and specialist sectors such as data centres.
You will be required to support the management and coordination of a multi-purpose Facilities Management Department, ensuring efficient use of resources and minimising potential conflict with clients. Supporting the resource planning in becoming more efficient and improve service delivery.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Working directly with clients and/or their advisors to undertake a range of work.
- Design appraisals, working with design tools to ensure FM provision is incorporated in the design.
- Life cycle costing and whole life costs
- Hard and Soft FM Strategy.
- Project handover and guidance for clients
- Contract maintenance monitoring and audits.
- Condition surveys, dilapidation and due diligence surveys
- Trouble shooting and diagnosis of building services related problems.
- Project management including design, specification and site supervision of small to medium sized new and refurbishment works.
- Building Performance measurement.
- Responsible for full project delivery, in relation to all aspects of the project such as programme, technical and financial.
- There will also be a requirement to prepare bids and tender documents.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Broad selection of GCSEs, A-levels including Maths/Science Grades A-C or equivalent.
- Qualified Route – BEng/BSc in Building Services/Mechanical and Electrical or Environmental.
- Practical Route – HNC/HND plus relevant appropriate experience.
- Professional Qualification – Ideal but not essential, with an appropriate institution.
- Background in design/installation and maintenance of M&E and management of M&E services.
- Experience with project management, planning, costing and programming skills.
- Understanding of the FM Marketplace.
- Familiarity with financial management and budget control of projects, including a high level of commercial awareness.
- A motivated problem solver. You will need to be highly focused, willing to self-direct and take ownership on projects.
- Commitment to the job and a sense of duty is essential.
- First rate all round communicator, able to deal will all levels of staff and clients.
- Experience of report writing, clear, concise and comprehensible to non-technical people.
- Innovative and creative thinking with an aptitude for problem solving is essential.
- Should be able to adapt well to new skills. Sound technical judgement.
- General attitude must be assertive but not adversarial.
- Must work well under pressure.
- Both individual and team working skills will be required
We offer a competitive package commensurate with qualifications and experience to the right candidate including professional training and long-term career development opportunities.
Rate: To be negotiated dependant on experience.