Due to the continued expansion of our highly successful specialised engineering company, including our award winning data centre design and build business, we are looking for a Site Manager to work on a project in Milton Keynes.
We have over 200 staff and have achieved recent growth with ongoing expansion plans. Sudlows are keen to recruit candidates who will be part of this ambition. We are an equal opportunities employer and value diversity in our workforce.
In this role you will be responsible for managing the day to day activities on site.
Duties will include:
- Supervision and management on site of the works
- Liaison with the client, this is an occupied building and works are being carried out during the day. Good communication skills are key.
- Daily site inductions, safety monitoring and walkround, RAMS assessment, toolbox talks etc
- Quality inspections, snagging and sign off as contractors complete works
- Reporting of progress and assistance to the PM to produce the reports
- Planning and look ahead with the client and supply chain.
- Weekly safety registers
Skills and Qualifications:
- CSCS card
- First aid 3 day (preferable)
- Asbestos awareness (preferable)
- Be electrically or mechanically biased
- Work with / co-ordinate internal building fit out trades
- Plant and equipment installations associated with cooling and power systems
Working with People:
- Able to establish a rapport with service users as necessary e.g. clients, members of the public, other contractors etc.
- Understands how to encourage and influence people to get the best from them
- Understands the needs of others and able to respond accordingly
- Able to communicate factual information politely and courteously.
- Has excellent spoken skills e.g. telephone and face-to-face conversations.
- Has advanced written and numeric skills appropriate to the job.
Location: Milton Keynes
Rate: To be negotiated dependant on experience.