With the continued expansion of our award winning technical services company, Sudlows, who work throughout the UK and Europe, have a growing portfolio of projects and have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced, driven and enthusiastic Network Infrastructure Estimator to join our successful business, based from our Manchester office.
We have over 200 staff and have achieved recent growth with on-going expansion plans. Sudlows are keen to recruit candidates who will be part of this ambition. We are an equal opportunities employer and value diversity in our workforce.
The successful candidate will work alongside fellow senior designers/estimators, key account managers, partners & manufacturers in the production of detailed and accurate connectivity estimates and proposals for traditional design & build projects throughout the UK. You will be required to work on a broad variety of minor and major projects, across most sectors including commercial and industrial focusing specifically on Structured Cabling, Conventional & Blown Fibre installations.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Utilising our specialist estimating software to produce detailed cost estimates for product & services
- Taking quantities off drawings/specifications/bills of quantities
- Using drawings and specifications to produce competitive tenders
- Production of complete Network Infrastructure designs/estimates up to £1M+ using Contract Master Estimation Software;
- Involvement in finalisation of tenders including value engineering suggestions, alternative manufacturer proposals etc. and transfer of agreed values into estimating system
- Producing & issuing tender packages for subcontractor packages and reviewing returned documents for inclusion in the main bid
- Production of client issued documentation detailing job specific technical & commercial information.
- Ensuring all roles and responsibilities are carried out in accordance with business procedures.
Skills and Personal Qualities:
- Building Services Engineering training/experience in similar role
- Estimating/bid presentation experience in the enterprise services sector or similar
- Ability to read and clearly understand emails, drawings and specifications
- Very good with English & Mathematics
- Ability to work under pressure and flexible in approach to tender deadlines
- Computer literate with experience of standard Microsoft packages incl. Excel
- Methodical forward thinker and planner
- Highly motivated, good work ethic and enthusiasm
- Confident and articulate with an attention to detail
- Able to communicate at different levels and situations and influence people
- Able to perform under pressure and meet deadlines
- Quick thinker and adaptable to different situations
- Approachable and good interpersonal skills
- Able to provide information in a clear and concise manner
- Takes full accountability for performance and professional development
- CAD experience or experience with other specialist software programmes
We offer a competitive package commensurate with qualifications and experience to the right candidate including professional training and long-term career development opportunities.
Rate: To be negotiated dependant on experience.