The role of RF Design Engineer (RFDE) sits within the Smart Technology Team of Enterprise Services. The employee will be involved in the specification, design and pre installation handover of a range of RF based technologies such as In Building Cellular Solutions, Cellular Routers, GNSS Signal Distribution Systems, WLAN Solutions and supporting physical infrastructure and spaces. The RFDE will have a good understanding of RF theory and how it applied to the above noted solutions, they should have experience in using a range of test equipment and design tools to survey and complete design and modelling in these areas. They should be able to take customer requirements and manufacturer specifications and accurately incorporate these into their designs including but not limited to system dimensioning, link budgets and traffic analysis. The RFDE should also maintain a good knowledge of the prevalent standards and be willing to continually develop and learn in order to match and stay current with the changing pace of technology.
Sudlows prides itself on quality of our designs and installations as well as how we engage with the customer, as a customer facing operative the RF Design Engineer will be expected to provide a high level of customer service in keeping with Sudlows standards as well as proving clear and concise communication both internally and externally. The highest levels of workmanship are expected as standard as well as strict adherence to our health and safety standards. All employees are expected to be able to follow company processes relating to work generated documentation and our internal paperwork and systems.
- To liaise with Senior Account Managers, Technical Account Managers & Estimators to ensure high quality & detailed designs & proposals are submitted in line with client requirements & Sudlows commercial expectations.
- To carry out detailed site surveys for a range of RF based technologies in line with company procedures to ensure a high level of accuracy & competitiveness.
- Produce detailed design packs from concept as required by Sudlows & its customers.
- Liaising with the Bid Team to assist in producing detailed Technical Tender responses & producing detailed design proposals for new business.
- Applying for project pricing & liaising with our supply chain to ensure we provide our clients with the best solutions.
- Be the point of contact for Operations & respond to queries over scope of works and provide solutions to assist the installation.
- Support the wider design team as required and able on other design tasks.
- Demonstrable knowledge is the survey of design of RF based solutions such as In Building Cellular Solutions.
- Demonstrable knowledge of the design of wireless networks for both user access and backhaul technologies such as PtP and PtMP bridges.
- A working knowledge of structured cabling systems.
- Experience in producing RF surveys using both on site surveys and predictive modelling.
- Experience in using a range of design tools such as MS Visio to support your design proposals.
- Working at height experience.
- Demonstrable ability to explain survey results and designs, including why a certain design is proposed over another.
- Working knowledge of current and prevalent standards relating to the RF technologies.
- Excellent customer facing manner.
- Flexible approach to working location and times.
- UK Driving Licence.
- Industry recognised training and certification in RF and WLAN design such as IBWave or Ekahau ECSE Training.
- Nextivity Cel-fi experience beneficial.
- Demonstrable understanding of Mobile Network Operators systems and functionality.
- Recognised educational award at degree level of an IT related discipline.
- Proven experience and / or industry recognised training with other technologies in the intelligent building space such as, Structured Cabling, Audio Visual, IP Security, Intelligent Lighting.
- Working at height qualifications
- CSCS / ECS Card
We offer a competitive package commensurate with qualifications and experience to the right candidate including professional training and long-term career development opportunities.
Rate: To be negotiated dependant on experience.