With the continued expansion of our award-winning technical services company, Sudlows, who work throughout the UK, have a growing portfolio of projects and have a fantastic opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor to join our successful business.
We have over 200 staff and have achieved recent growth with ongoing expansion plans. Sudlows are keen to recruit candidates who will be part of this ambition. We are an equal opportunities employer and value diversity in our workforce.
Working as a member of the commercial department and acting as a key pivotal role to the project team you will be required to manage the full cost control elements of a project, including planning, change management, forecasting and WIP reporting. Management of forecasting is essential and requires dedicated control of the monthly valuations upstream, to the client, and downstream to the Sub-Contractors and suppliers. As a member of the team you will be required to support the pre-construction team including contract wording reviews, feasibility studies and cost benefit analysis, writing reports and preparing documents (plans, contracts, budgets etc), dealing with risk analysis evaluations and dispute resolution.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- General Pre & Post Construction management.
- Contract reviews upstream with the client, Management, control of project contributions and effective monthly monitoring and analysis.
- Scope analysis of sub-contract packages including CDP reviews.
- Cost/budget/margin project projections & management.
- WIP reporting, including cash flow forecasting.
- Profit Improvement Plans and Risk Management.
- Client billing negotiations & justifications.
- Management of change both internal & external ensuring contractual compliance.
- Sub-contractor/partner appointments & price work negotiations.
- Management of all purchase orders & invoices for suppliers.
- Management of Contract Master & Contract Costing systems.
- Customer engagement and Business Development.
Planning and Organising:
- Good forward thinker and planner who can contribute to the day-to-day smooth running of the department.
- Able to perform consistently under pressure, prioritise work, and deliver to tight deadlines.
- Exercise straightforward technical or professional judgement using Company values, policy and procedures to guide actions and decisions.
Working with People:
- Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of clients.
- Understand how to encourage and influence people to get the best from them whilst mentoring the junior members of the team and encourage development from within.
- Understand the needs of others and be able to respond accordingly.
- Approachable team player who can communicate at different levels and situations and influence people.
- 5year+ working in a QS role, working with various construction contracts such as NEC3/4, JCT design and build, bespoke contracts.
- Experience of working as a principal contractor.
- Experience of working in a multi-disciplined team and with a variety of projects.
- Experience of working on large multi-million-pound projects.
- Proven track record of delivering successful commercial performance.
- Minimum of HNC/HND level of education.
- Dedicated QS qualification.
- CSCS Card.
- QS Professional Membership.
- H&S Qualification (desirable).
We offer a competitive package commensurate with qualifications and experience to the right candidate including professional training and long-term career development opportunities.
Rate: To be negotiated dependant on experience.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.