Due to the continued expansion of our highly successful specialised engineering company, including our award-winning data centre design and build business, we have an exciting career opportunity for an experienced and enthusiastic Quantity Surveyor. Sudlows, who work throughout the UK, have a growing portfolio of clients globally. We have over 200 staff and have achieved recent growth with ongoing expansion plans. Sudlows are keen to recruit candidates who will be part of this ambition.
The successful candidate will be a member of one of our most successful and expanding departments and will be dealing with cost control, planning, forecasting and estimation.
The candidate will also undertake valuations including value engineering and management; writing reports and preparing documents (plans, contracts, budgets etc; dealing with risk analysis evaluations and dispute resolution; Managing project funding sources. This role will be working closely with the project delivery teams and other members of the commercial department.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- General Pre & Post Construction management
- Management/control of profitability/margins
- Tactically manage / negotiate / issue all project price submittals
- Cost / budget / margin project projections & management
- Monthly profit & loss reporting
- Client billing negotiations & justifications
- Management of all variations, internal & external
- Sub-contractor/partner appointment & price work negotiations
- Management and procurement of suppliers & Sub-contractors
- Control & manage handover process to operations from pre-construction to construction stage
- Management of internal cost control systems
- Customer engagement and Business Development
The ideal candidate will have construction experience and an industry recognised HNC/HND/Degree in Quantity Surveying. You may have a degree, A-Levels or Higher Education qualifications in a building services related discipline. Candidates will need to show a clear understanding & have a proven track record of the management & implementation of the following key responsibilities.
- Minimum of HNC/HND level of education
- Previous experience of working in a similar role
- Awareness and application of Health & Safety compliance
- Excellent IT and mathematical skills
- High degree of concentration & accuracy
- Budget handling skills
- An understanding of Building Regulations and other legal guidelines
- Good understanding of the Construction Industry, construction methods and materials
- Meet tight deadlines under pressure
- Can communicate at all levels
Planning and Organising:
- Ability to organise own workload as well as managing a team of employees
- Ability to prioritise work and deliver to tight deadlines for the department
- Contributes to day-to-day smooth running of the department
- Able to maintain accurate and timely records as required by the role
- Identifies and knows how to solve everyday job-based problems
Working with People:
- Ability to manage multiple employees efficiently & effectively
- Able to establish a rapport with service users as necessary e.g. clients, members of the public, other contractors etc.
- Understands how to encourage and influence people to get the best from them
- Understands the needs of others and able to respond accordingly
- Able to communicate factual information politely and courteously
- Has excellent spoken skills e.g. telephone and face-to-face conversations
- Able to communicate with others in an acceptable and appropriate manner, e.g. patience, tact, humour, sensitivity, understanding, firmness
We offer a competitive package commensurate with qualifications and experience to the right candidate including professional training and long-term career development opportunities.
Rate: Negotiable dependant on experience.