Due to the continued expansion of our highly successful specialised engineering company, including our award-winning data centre design and build business, we have an exciting career opportunity for an experienced and enthusiastic Purchase Ledger Clerk.
Sudlows work throughout the UK and have a growing portfolio of global clients. We have over 220 staff and have achieved recent growth with ongoing expansion plans. Sudlows are keen to recruit candidates who will be part of this ambition
The key purpose of this role is to provide support to the Finance Department in processing financial transactions in line with Company Procedures and ensuring all Key Supplier costs are posted accurately on the Purchase ledger and paid to agreed payment terms on a timely basis
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Set up any New Suppliers in Contract Costing and both Sage Line 50 and Sage Line 200 when needed
- Utilising Sage Analysis Codes for reporting purposes on all Suppliers, ensuring all suppliers are setup correctly and assigned to the correct Clerk
- Liaise with the Commercial Department as and when needed
- Ensure all supplier invoices are signed off correctly in line with Approval Procedures and Authority Levels
- Ensure that all supplier invoices are posted to the ledger in line with Month End timetable
- Ensure that all supplier invoices are posted to the ledger before Month End Close
- Liaise with the Commercial Department over all Payment Applications and Retention invoices and ensure all are approved by the Commercial Director
- Produce a Control to list all approved Supplier Retentions with invoice values and payment due dates.
- Control and Monitor all supplier invoice queries.
- Review Negative balances across your designated supplier accounts, resolving any missing invoices and request refunds on credit notes. Produce a monthly summary of these suppliers with actions taken and inform the Finance Manager of any areas of concern
Technical Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience of the construction or contracting sector would be beneficial
- Work well under pressure
- Meet tight deadlines
- Work accurately and effectively with minimal supervision
- Can communicate at all levels
- Computer literate / IT skills as required to carry out job
Planning and Organising:
- Ability to organise own workload
- Ability to prioritise work and deliver to tight deadlines
- Contribute to day-to-day smooth running of the department
- Able to maintain accurate and timely records as required by the role
- Identify and know how to solve everyday job-based problems in liaison with manager
Working with People:
- Understand how to encourage and influence people to get the best from them
- Understand the needs of others and able to respond accordingly
- Able to communicate factual information politely and courteously
- Has everyday spoken skills e.g. telephone and face-to-face conversations
- Has advanced written and numeric skills appropriate to the job
- Able to listen, observe and report information to manager
- Able to communicate with others in an acceptable and appropriate manner
We offer a competitive package commensurate with qualifications and experience to the right candidate including professional training and long-term career development opportunities.
Rate: To be negotiated dependant on experience.