Due to the continued expansion of our highly successful specialised engineering company, we have an exciting opportunity for a number of experienced Project Managers to manage a range of data cabling projects throughout the Midlands.
We have over 200 staff and have achieved recent growth with ongoing expansion plans. Sudlows are keen to recruit candidates who will be part of this ambition. We are an equal opportunities employer and value diversity in our workforce.
To lead the team to deliver multi-disciplined projects of multiple values. This includes but is not limited to: the health and safety of all employees and contractors, the overall supervision and performance of the operational project team to ensure that all activities meet the programmes, cost, safety and quality objective of the project.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for making sure all health and safety measures are put in place and managed throughout the project lifecycle
- Deliver projects on time, within budget and to agreed standards
- Make sure risks are identified and mitigation measures are put in place
- Ensure the project budget and costs are managed effectively including reimbursements for variations to the contract
- Promote Cultural Based Safety on site
- Ensure programme is set up and reviewed continually
- Conduct regular reviews of drawings/document control on site, ensuring the correct versions are being used
- Design management – attendance at design team meetings
- Commissioning and final handover
- Forecasts and reporting
- Take full responsibility for all plant and materials hired by the company
- Responsible for the day to day management of the project team e.g. SPE, PE, PTA & Supervisor
- To develop the designs to include site level co-ordination and details which may develop during construction, feeding this back to the design team where necessary.
- To work with the Programme Manager and provide an up to date status, together with any programme risks and any dependencies which exist.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Prince 2 or APM qualified
- Membership of a professional body – desirable
- Strong leadership and influencing skills
- Previous experience as a Project Manager on projects up to £1m
Planning and Organising:
- Ability to organise own workload
- Ability to prioritise work and deliver to tight deadlines
- Able to maintain accurate and timely records as required by the role
- Forward thinking, dedicated and driven
Working with People:
- Able to establish a rapport with service users as necessary e.g. clients, members of the public, other contractors etc.
- Understands how to encourage and influence people to get the best from them
- Understands the needs of others and able to respond accordingly
- Able to communicate factual information politely and courteously.
- Has excellent spoken skills e.g. telephone and face-to-face conversations.
- Has advanced written and numeric skills appropriate to the job.
We offer a competitive package commensurate with qualifications and experience to the right candidate including professional training and long-term career development opportunities.
Rate: To be negotiated dependant on experience.