With the continued expansion of our award-winning technical services company, Sudlows, who work throughout the UK, have a growing portfolio of projects and have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Project Manager to join our successful business.
We have over 200 staff and have achieved recent growth with ongoing expansion plans. Sudlows are keen to recruit candidates who will be part of this ambition. We are an equal opportunities employer and value diversity in our workforce.
To control the overall operational delivery of projects, inclusive of the Health and Safety, technical, commercial and managerial requirements, from bid, pre-commencement, to practical completion. Ensuring that profitability is maintained or improved through effective leadership. Provision of high-quality customer service and interface with of relevant support functions allocated to the project.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Demonstrate appropriate Health and Safety leadership to ensure that the safety first and foremost message is visible and alive throughout any activities carried out.
- Ensure adherence to all Sudlows policies, processes and procedures.
- Ensure that all operational activities are carried out in compliance with internal procedure and external legislation governing business operations.
- To provide and maintain leadership for the project delivery team and to maximise the potential of the team and the individuals within.
- To participate within bid activity as requested by the senior management and to work in conjunction with the Business Development department and in line with Focus Win processes.
- Prepare and maintain business plans and budgets accurately based on the initial contract parameters and objectives. Seeking opportunities to provide actions which maximises profit on the project. Continue to monitor the profitability of contracts using appropriate management accounts techniques.
- Provide appropriate input to all monthly reviews in line with the business procedures to ensure that the senior management have full knowledge of the completion and financial status of the project until completion.
- To manage all related activities to the successful completion of the projects. In line with agreed quality and commercial plans to achieve targets within agreed timescales and cost constraints.
- Ensure that positive relationships are maintained with the customer through efficient delivery of projects with a view to optimising future opportunities and profitability.
- Ensuring design and installation meets internal and client specifications and statutory requirements.
Working with People:
- Able to establish a rapport with service users as necessary e.g. clients, members of the public, other contractors etc.
- Able to communicate factual information politely and courteously.
Qualifications and Professional memberships – Essential:
- Minimum GCSE English and Maths or equivalent.
- Security Clearance.
- Driving Licence.
- UKATA (CAT A) Asbestos Awareness.
- CSCS Card for Managers.
- NACCOSS – NSI Certification.
- Project Management Certification preferably APM or Prince 2 Practitioner.
Qualifications and Professional memberships – Desirable:
- First Aid at Work.
- SMSTS Training.
- NPPV Vetting.
- Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) Clearance.
We offer a competitive package commensurate with qualifications and experience to the right candidate including professional training and long-term career development opportunities.
Rate: Negotiable dependant on experience.