With the continued expansion of our award-winning technical services company, Sudlows, who work throughout the UK, have a growing portfolio of projects and have a fantastic opportunity for a Project Manager to join our successful Enterprise Services division.
We have over 200 staff and have achieved recent growth with ongoing expansion plans. Sudlows are keen to recruit candidates who will be part of this ambition. We are an equal opportunities employer and value diversity in our workforce.
To control the overall operational delivery of projects, including the Health and Safety, technical, commercial and managerial requirements, from bid, pre-commencement to practical completion. Provision of high-quality customer service and interface with of relevant support functions allocated to the project. Ensuring that profitability is maintained or improved through effective leadership.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate appropriate Health and Safety leadership to ensure that the safety first and foremost message is visible and alive throughout any activities carried out
- Ensure adherence to all Sudlows policies, processes and procedures
- Ensure that all operational activities comply with internal procedures and external legislation governing business operations.
- To provide and maintain leadership for the project delivery team and maximise the team’s potential and the individuals within.
- Participate in bid activity, as requested by the senior management and work in conjunction with the Business Development department.
- Prepare and maintain business plans and budgets accurately based on the initial contract parameters and objectives. Seeking opportunities to provide actions that maximise profit on the project. Continue to monitor the profitability of contracts using appropriate management accounts techniques.
- Provide appropriate input to all monthly reviews in line with the business procedures to ensure that the senior management fully knows the completion and financial status of the project until completion.
- To manage all related activities to the successful completion of the projects. In line with agreed quality and commercial plans to achieve targets within agreed timescales and cost constraints.
- Ensure that positive relationships are maintained with the customer through efficient delivery of projects to optimise future opportunities and profitability.
- Ensuring design and installation meets internal and client specifications and statutory requirements
Technical Skills & Qualifications:
- Degree level Qualification or 10 Years’ experience
- Driving Licence
- Project Management Certification preferably APM, Prince 2 or PMP
- Industry accreditation RCDD, Project Manager or CTPM
- Manufactures accreditation – Systimax, Corning or Panduit or similar
- IOSH Managing Safely or equivalent
- Multidisciplinary building systems experience
- Digital literacy, including proficiency in PowerPoint, Excel and Word. Inclusive of Office 365 & Google workspace
- Ability to quickly absorb and utilise company-specific techniques, standards and procedures
- Knowledge of testing procedures and methodologies for a range of systems
- Understanding of IP networking and associated equipment and devices
- Excellent oral and written communication skills essential for team-based working
- Excellent planning and organisation skills required for our fast-paced environment
- Must be highly motivated, proactive and willing to take on new challenges
- Exceptional skills in managing a heavy workload and conflicting demands whilst consistently producing high-quality work to tight deadlines
Planning & Organising:
- Ability to organise own workload
- Ability to prioritise work and deliver to tight deadlines
- Able to maintain accurate and timely records as required by the role
- Identifies and knows how to solve everyday job-based problems in liaison with manager
Working with People:
- Able to establish a rapport with service users as necessary, e.g. clients, members of the public, other contractors etc.
- Understands how to encourage and influence people to get the best from them
- Understands the needs of others and is able to respond accordingly
- Able to communicate factual information politely and courteously
- Has everyday spoken skills, e.g. telephone, online and face-to-face conversations
- Has advanced written and numeric skills appropriate to the job
- Able to listen, observe and report information to line manager
We offer a competitive package commensurate with qualifications and experience to the right candidate including professional training and long-term career development opportunities.
Rate: Negotiable dependant on experience