Due to the continued expansion of our award-winning data centre design and build business, we have an exciting career opportunity for an experienced and enthusiastic Project Co-Ordinator and planner. Sudlows, who work throughout the UK, have a growing portfolio of clients globally. We have over 200 staff and have achieved recent growth with ongoing expansion plans. Sudlows are keen to recruit candidates who will be part of this ambition.
The successful candidate will be a valued member of our Critical Infrastructure department. We are currently looking to grow our business and this role is a key part to this vision. This role is to provide the business with coordination of resource and materials including client reports and day to day support to the project teams and other company departments where required, ensuring all tasks are carried out to the highest level of accuracy without delay.
Key tasks and Responsibilities
- Assist with logistics including; agendas, actions and general administrative support for key business meetings on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Co-ordinate and enable communication between all teams involved in project delivery
- Regular liaison with the Health & Safety department to ensure high standards are met and project folders are updated
- Manage, maintain and monitor key administrative processes such as; organisation charts, cost tracking, project team training schedule, all staff and management distribution lists.
- Attend strategy and client meetings, take and distribute minutes and follow up action points with relevant team members.
- Collating data to produce reports using MS Office suite
- To support the team to maintain accurate, timely and legible records
- To answer/deal with queries, both face to face and via the telephone in an appropriate and timely manner.
- To maintain filing systems in line with organisations policies and procedures.
- Support Operations Directors in all aspects of required work
Technical Skills and Qualifications
- Proven experience in a project co-ordinator role, preferably in the construction industry
- Some technical / engineering knowledge would be an advantage
- Ability to manage a heavy workload and conflicting demands, whilst consistently producing high-quality work to tight deadlines
- Experience of liaising with colleagues from operational staff to senior director level, and the ability to manage upwards
- First class communication skills, personal confidence and the ability to influence others
- Intermediate to advanced Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Accurate data entry processing experience
- Attention to detail
Planning and Organising
- Ability to organise own workload
- Ability to prioritise work and deliver to tight deadlines
- Able to maintain accurate and timely records as required by the role
- Ability to identify and can solve everyday job-based problems in liaison with the relevant project manager
Working with people
- Able to establish a rapport with service users as necessary e.g. clients, members of the public, other contractors etc
- Understands how to encourage and influence people to get the best from them
- Understands the needs of others and able to respond accordingly
- Able to communicate factual information politely and courteously
- Has everyday spoken skills e.g. telephone and face-to-face conversations
- Has advanced written and numeric skills appropriate to the job
- Able to listen, observe and report information to manager
We offer a competitive package commensurate with qualifications and experience to the right candidate
Rate: To be negotiated dependant on experience.