With the continued expansion of our award winning specialised technical services business, Sudlows, who work throughout the UK, have a growing portfolio of projects and have an exciting career opportunity for an experienced and enthusiastic Planner to join our Critical Infrastructure business to assist in managing our programs.
We have over 240 staff and have achieved recent growth with ongoing expansion plans. Sudlows are keen to recruit candidates who will be part of this ambition. We are an equal opportunities employer and value diversity in our workforce.
The successful candidate will be a valued member of one of our most successful departments. We are currently looking to grow our business and this role is a key part to this vision.
As a Planner, you will be a vital part of the planning team. You will be responsible for implementing the requirements of the tender and project planning procedures, as well as ensuring compliance with business management systems.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Ensuring that the programme content is functionally compliant with the planning procedures and guidance.
- Identifying planning scope, major constraints and contract requirements
- Identifying major quantities and factors affecting the programme
- Establishing and agreeing with Operations and Bid Team key methods of construction, sequencing, installation and commissioning
- Producing and documenting the planning deliverables including programmes, planning philosophy, presentations and reports.
- Producing the Tender Programme and supporting information in accordance with the tender requirements
- Developing overall programmes, issuing to all parties for review and implementing recommendations, innovation and best practice as applicable
- Reconciling company and sub-contract plant/labour and major materials elements in conjunction where appropriate Applying resource levelling techniques as necessary
- Interfacing with third parties to identify and resolve issues
- Ensuring that the Contract Programme is produced, managed and maintained in accordance with the planning procedures.
- The overall planning strategy and the timing & sequence of the Contract Programme activities
- The issue and communication of the Contract Programme to the Project Lead for onward issue to Client and Project Team
- Ensuring that all other project planning and programming necessary for the execution of the contract is properly undertaken.
- Set up appropriate lean visual programme to assist the Project Team to timely deliver projects and improve productivity, performance and safety of projects
Skills and Qualifications:
- Operational experience (ie site engineer/site agent) together with previous significant experience of planning services in projects within the construction and engineering industry
- Proficiency in the use of planning techniques and the required planning toolsets
- An understanding of various forms of tender documents, contract documents and specifications.
- An understanding of various methods of planning, programming and progress monitoring.
- Good understanding of risk and opportunity management with particular reference to planning/programming.
- An understanding of the events that initiate, and of the methods used to demonstrate, compensation event entitlement.
- An understanding of the construction market, methods of construction, plant, equipment and labour requirements.
- Relevant CSCS Card
- An OND/HND in a relevant subject is desirable, as is Professional membership of one or more of the following: RICS/CIOB/RIBA/ICE/CIBSE
Planning and Organising:
- Ability to organise own workload
- Ability to prioritise work and deliver to tight deadlines
- Able to maintain accurate and timely records as required by the role
- Identifies and knows how to solve everyday job-based problems in liaison with manager
Working with People:
- Able to establish a rapport with service users as necessary e.g. clients, members of the public, other contractors etc.
- Understands how to encourage and influence people to get the best from them
- Understands the needs of others and able to respond accordingly
- Able to communicate factual information politely and courteously
- Has excellent spoken skills e.g. telephone and face-to-face conversations
- Has advanced written and numeric skills appropriate to the job
- Able to listen, observe and report information to manager
We offer a competitive package commensurate with qualifications and experience to the right candidate including professional training and long-term career development opportunities.
Rate: To be negotiated dependant on experience.