Due to the continued expansion of our highly successful specialised engineering company, including our award winning data centre design and build business, we are looking for an additional member of staff who will quickly become a key member of our core Operations Logistics team to be based from our Watford office.
We have over 200 staff and have achieved recent growth with ongoing expansion plans. Sudlows are keen to recruit candidates who will be part of this ambition. We are an equal opportunities employer and value diversity in our workforce.
To become a member of the Operations logistic team, which has overall responsibility for co-ordinating and scheduling all logistics (labour, materials and documentation) for client site installations run from the Watford office. You will ensure all tasks are carried out to the highest level of accuracy and without delay. You will be a valued member of the team and will be relied upon to manage logistics and implement decisions. You must have a strong work ethic, as well as a very flexible approach to fluid program requirements. Good communication skills and ensuring all documentation is produced to the highest degree of quality, accuracy and timely is key.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Interact within the Operations Logistics team to co-ordinate the allocation of materials to various sites
- Communicate with the Operations support team and Stores to ensure all materials and documentation are dispatched as required to various sites
- Interact within the Operations Logistics team to co-ordinate the scheduling of engineers to various sites
- Communicate to the field based engineering staff all scheduling information including brief work descriptions, addresses, contacts etc.
- Liaise with clients in a professional and courteous manner, ensuring open lines of communication are maintained at all times
- To support the team to maintain accurate, timely and legible records
- To answer/deal with queries, both face to face and via the telephone
- Maintaining filing systems in line with organisations policies and procedures
- Support Operations Manager and wider project team in all aspects of work
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience with knowledge of Microsoft Office including Excel
- Excellent communication skills
- Good IT skills
- Highly flexible with a demonstrated willingness to take on a responsible approach to issues
- Practical and logical approach to problem solving (enjoys a challenge)
- Be a team player with the ability to develop and maintain good interpersonal relationships
- Understand the need and importance of confidentiality
Planning and Organising:
- Ability to organise own workload
- Ability to prioritise work and deliver to tight deadlines
- Able to maintain accurate and timely records as required by the role
- Ability to identify and can solve everyday job-based problems in liaison with manager
Working with People:
- Able to establish a rapport with service users as necessary e.g. engineers, clients, members of the public, other contractors etc
- Understands how to encourage and influence people to get the best from them
- Understands the needs of others and able to respond accordingly
- Able to communicate factual information politely and courteously
- Has excellent spoken skills e.g. telephone and face-to-face conversations
- Has advanced written and numeric skills appropriate to the job
- Able to listen, observe and report information to manager
We offer a competitive package commensurate with qualifications and experience to the right candidate including professional training and long-term career development opportunities.
Rate: To be negotiated dependant on experience.