With the continued expansion of our award winning technical services company, Sudlows, who work throughout the UK, have a growing portfolio of projects and have a fantastic opportunity for a Management Accountant to join our Finance team.
We have over 200 staff and have achieved recent growth with ongoing expansion plans. Sudlows are keen to recruit candidates who will be part of this ambition. We are an equal opportunities employer and value diversity in our workforce.
The Group has plans for growth and is seeking an ambitious individual capable of assisting the Financial Controller with the production of the month end accounts and running the finance department. This is a newly created position with a level of visibility and exposure.
As the organisational Management Accountant, you will be in a pivotal role within the business, having exposure to the wider finance and none-finance functions. The successful applicant is to be encouraged to engage with Operations and Account Managers, to help drive finance’s exposure across the business. Your skills as an accounting professional and a commercial analyst will be utilised to show that the finance team is looking to drive the business forward and support all areas of the business to achieve this.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Monthly Management Accounts pack with analysis and commentary
- Monthly & Weekly Revenue Recognition Analysis
- Costs & Variance Analysis
- Balance Sheet Reconciliations and audit preparation
- Project Margin Analysis
- Monthly Payroll including overhead analysis
- Cash Management
- Budgets and Forecasts
- Developing internal controls and process improvements
- Intercompany accounting and reconciliations
Skills and Qualifications:
- CIMA/ACCA/ACA Qual or Finalist.
- Looking to progress into a broad, business facing Management Accounting role.
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in a management accounts focused role.
- Advanced excel and a mix of proven process/system improvement are desirable.
- An understanding of Contract Accounting and any software experience is preferable, but not essential.
Planning and Organising:
- Ability to organise own workload
- Ability to prioritise work and deliver to tight deadlines
- Contribute to day-to-day smooth running of the department
- Able to maintain accurate and timely records as required by the role
- Identifies and knows how to solve everyday job-based problems in liaison with manager
Working with People:
- Able to establish a rapport with service users as necessary e.g. clients, members of the public, other contractors etc.
- Understands how to encourage and influence people to get the best from them
- Understands the needs of others and able to respond accordingly
- Able to communicate factual information politely and courteously
- Has excellent spoken skills e.g. telephone and face-to-face conversations
- Has advanced written and numeric skills appropriate to the job
- Able to listen, observe and report information to manager
We offer a competitive package commensurate with qualifications and experience to the right candidate including professional training and long-term career development opportunities.
Rate: To be negotiated dependant on experience.