Due to continued expansion of our successful specialised engineering company, we are looking to grow our Internal IT Team with an experienced System Administrator. The right candidate would be a hands on, professional, self-motivated person with excellent customer service awareness that loves working in IT and advancing with the technology.
Sudlows work throughout the UK and abroad and have a growing portfolio of clients globally. With over 200 staff in offices and remote sites in UK, we have achieved recent growth with ongoing expansion plans.
We are looking for a quick learner who can adapt to our varied workload in a busy environment, working as part of our Internal IT Team and take ownership on our Microsoft Servers, working on installations, migrations, maintenance and mainly backend IT Infrastructure but with exposure to end users as well.
The job will be based between our 2 offices in Manchester and Oldham.
The right candidate will report directly to the Head of IT. The role is mainly backend servers and projects for upgrading and replacing our Microsoft servers from planning to implementation but initially will involve working with our end users and responding to Helpdesk Tickets in order to get to know the company and IT department
Other than the planned projects, daily routine and work in progress as part of the ongoing IT projects include troubleshooting and maintaining our infrastructure, taking responsibility for security patching, using disk imaging tools and installing / automating / monitoring security updates on all IT devices, workstations and servers.
Support is provided by phone calls, emails, Remote Support for computers and face to face.
Skills and Experience:
- At least 3 – 5 years of professional work experience with hands on servers.
- Certifications: Microsoft Server Administrators certifications, MTAs, MCPs, 365 Certifications are all advantage. Further certifications in IT and Networking are greater advantage (previously certified on MCSE is advantageous as well).
- Have a broad knowledge in Microsoft Operating Systems and Servers.
- Office 365 and Azure with Hybrid configuration to AD.
- Upgrades and migration of Microsoft Windows Servers 2012 / 2016 / 2019.
- Manage and upgrade Hyper-V and VMWare ESXi (advantage with more VM Technologies).
- Experience with Web and Email Security technologies and configurations. Mimecast Products are advantage.
- Installing, upgrading & configuring MS Remote Desktop Application servers.
- Installing, upgrading & configuring MS SQL database servers.
- Active Directory and Group Policies.
- Microsoft EMS / Intune configuration and Support.
- Configuring Backup plans with software, cloud and or appliances.
- Experience with TCP/IP, Network Switching, VLANs and Firewalls (advantage with Sophos XG or other NextGen Firewalls)
- Supporting WAN infrastructure and VPN technologies
- General knowledge of PowerShell and batch files
- User accounts creation and manage access control based on company policies.
- Ability to explain technical issues to non-technical users
- Analysis and problem-solving skills
- The ability to prioritise and manage tasks
- Ability to work under heavy workload whilst consistently producing high-quality work to tight deadlines
- Excellent customer service skills
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Hands on working on Microsoft Windows Servers ranging from 2012 R2, 2016 2019 and up to the latest OS as the technology advances, Migrating and/or upgrading. Including also RDS and SQL Servers.
- Installing new and maintaining existing configurations, software, business applications and databases.
- Use of existing and new automation tools to develop processes for our infrastructure management, IT assets inventory software and licenses in an efficient way.
- Document your work and keep trackers.
- Maintaining and updating documentation for existing applications and keeping in compliance.
- We are participating in the Cyber Essentials government scheme. Work with the IT Team to certify and keep our compliance on daily basis.
- Be the subject matter expert for assigned applications.
- Engage with end users to address issues or implement config changes to applications as needed.
- Collaborate with other team members as needed for support/maintenance.
- Maintain the IT assets inventory
We offer a competitive package commensurate with qualifications and experience to the right candidate including professional training and long-term career development opportunities.