Due to the continued expansion of our highly successful specialised engineering company, including our award winning data centre design and build business, we have a fantastic opportunity for a Health & Safety Advisor to be based from one of our Manchester offices.
We have over 230 staff and have achieved recent growth with on-going expansion plans. Sudlows are keen to recruit candidates who will be part of this ambition. We are an equal opportunities employer and value diversity in our workforce.
Reporting to the Health & Safety Manager the successful candidate will be part of the Company’s fulltime HSE&Q team responsible for ensuring that the organisation fulfils its statutory HS&E duties and maintains its certification to relevant ISO standards.
The HS&E Advisor’s primary role will be to assist with the delivery of the proactive and reactive monitoring programmes on the deployment of the company’s HS&E management systems. Audits are to be carried out on a nationwide basis and the role will involve travelling and some staying away.
The HS&E Advisor will be expected to contribute to and promote the continual improvement of the HS&E culture.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- To produce an audit schedule and deliver the audit programme for a specified workstream.
- Undertake accident and incident investigations as required.
- To keep abreast of any changes to legal or regulatory requirements which impact on the Company and assist with ensuring ongoing compliance.
- Assist with the ongoing improvement of the Company’s policies, processes and procedures which support HS&E activities and objectives.
- To assist with promoting the Company’s HS&E culture throughout the business: with employees, clients, suppliers, customers, and partner organisations.
- To assist our operational teams with producing and reviewing risk assessments / method statements (RAMS).
- Assist with contractor/supplier reviews and performance monitoring.
- Produce monthly feedback reports on proactive and reactive monitoring findings.
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
The role holder should possess a good knowledge of the ISO 45001 standards and be qualified to a minimum of NEBOSH certificate level.
We offer a competitive package commensurate with qualifications and experience to the right candidate including professional training and long-term career development opportunities.