Due to continued expansion of our successful specialised engineering company, we are looking to grow our internal IT Team with additional IT Helpdesk Support. The right candidate would be an IT Graduate / Junior IT Support Analyst to provide our end users with technical support and assist in the deployment and management of the IT Business Services.
This is a technical and end user facing role, directly supporting our users in the offices and remote sites, reporting to the 2nd and 3rd line personnel and to the Head of IT.
Sudlows work throughout the UK and abroad. We have a growing portfolio of clients globally. We are looking for a motivated quick learner who likes to work with people, install IT devices and learn new technologies. You will need to adapt to our busy workload in a multitasking environment, working as part of our internal IT Team.
The job will be split between our offices in Oldham and Manchester.
The successful candidate will perform all duties that directly relate to the organisation and standardisation of the IT department including supporting end users, monitoring the network and helping with security audits, data input, reporting, documenting, and scheduled security checks to help with security audit projects for the IT Department.
Other duties will include troubleshooting and maintaining workstations/laptops, installing security updates on workstations and servers, setting up tablets, mobiles, VOIP desk phones and setup of new computers for new starters. You will be working as part of the IT Team to support 200 – 250 users in all our locations over the phone, email, via remote control and face to face.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Customer focused initiative
- Good manner on the phone and face to face
- Eager to learn
- Preferably 4 – 6 months commercial experience/apprenticeship
- Working knowledge of configuring Printers on laptops/desktops, Wireless settings, Antivirus and use of emails and Outlook.
- Be passionate about IT
- Work as a team player
- Have a courteous manner
- Excellent customer service skills
- Analysis and problem-solving skills
- The ability to prioritise and manage tasks
- Ability to work under heavy workload whilst consistently producing high-quality work to tight deadlines
- Honesty & integrity
- Happy to accept feedback
- Willingness to learn and advance
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Some experience in supporting Microsoft Operating systems, including Desktop Windows 10.
- A good level of experience in deploying and supporting Microsoft Office Suites as well as some basic Computer hardware troubleshooting and installation experience.
- Some experience of supporting multiple Microsoft Operating systems, including Desktop Windows O/S 7 – Windows 10.
- General understanding of Networking Protocols and TCP/IP fundamentals.
- Microsoft Office 365 and SharePoint awareness and knowledge on how to administer Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange and Office 365.
- Any ITIL, Microsoft, Cisco and Apple qualifications.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Installing new computers for new starters.
- Maintain and upgrade desktops and laptops.
- Setting up printers, drivers, software, and applications.
- Supporting and troubleshooting on the use of Windows and Microsoft 365.
- Learning from the senior IT members how to install and troubleshoot our business applications and be the first line of support to our end users.
- Install and assist end users with mobile and tablets configuration as per the IT guidelines and procedures of the company.
- Work under own initiative to carry out departmental tasks.
- Responsible for updating IT Helpdesk system and documentation.
- Responsible for updating hardware, software, and licenses inventories.
- Answering the phone and dealing with department calls.
- Tracking work in progress and recording issues and solutions in our Helpdesk system.
- Create new guides for users, updating online knowledgebases and the Internal Support site.
- Maintain the IT Store and equipment inventory records.
- Other duties as may be assigned by the line manager.
We offer a competitive package commensurate with qualifications and experience to the right candidate including professional training and long-term career development opportunities.