Sudlows work throughout the UK and have a growing portfolio of projects nationwide. Our award-winning technical services company have a fantastic opportunity for a Financial Controller to join our successful team.
We have over 200 staff and have achieved recent growth with ongoing expansion plans. Sudlows are an equal opportunities employer and value diversity in our workforce.
We are looking to further grow our business and this role is a key part to this vision.
The Financial Controller will be CIMA, ACCA or ACA qualified, with a strong academic background. Excellent analytical skills are crucial as is an advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
The ability to demonstrate senior finance leadership, and to draw conclusions from data and then present these findings to senior management, including non-financial members of staff, will be a key requisite.
The capability to communicate well, and where appropriate challenge, all levels within the business is also essential. The ability to work autonomously will also be a key component within this particular role.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Produce financial statements including profit and loss accounts, budgets, cash flows, monthly management accounts, variance analysis and commentaries
- Finance leadership, driving the business in strong, visible, credible, professional ways
- Lead a controls environment from finance, operations and risk perspective
- Detailed Commercial Analysis around the roll out of company strategy
- Business Partnering with project teams
- To lead development of financial planning and reporting processes within the Group to ensure high-quality processes underpin a strong business planning process to deliver the Group’s strategic objectives;
- To provide business performance analysis to the management team and Board through consolidation, review and challenge of business unit and functional finance reporting. Will need to drive value to the business through implementation of action from analysis
- To provide leadership to the finance team, encouraging development opportunities, succession planning and acting as a mentor
- The preparation/development of forward-thinking strategic planning and forecasting models, ensuring they are fit for purpose
- Improve the flow of financial information to the organisation and its operational leaders
- Attending operational meetings and working closely with senior management
- Manage the weekly cashflow forecasting model
- Manage the forecasting, annual budgeting and business plan activities (P&L, BS)
- Analyse and report on the impact of new and existing contracts, initiatives and other duties to ensure a cohesive finance team that drives the business
- Implement and develop reporting systems to deliver a more robust financial reporting system for the long term; improving workflow, reporting structures, processes; business wide systems improvements
- Provide specialist advice and guidance to colleagues and management teams
Skills and Qualifications:
- Qualified ACA /ACCA/ACMA; At least 2 years PQE
- Experience of long-term contract accounting preferably in the construction sector and the relevant accounting adjustments
- Proven ability to develop and manage advanced Microsoft Excel financial models and undertake analysis that affects the outcome of business decisions
- Excellent presentation skills – the ability to deliver complex financial information to non-financial staff; including graphs, insightful commentary and explanations.
- Experience of building and leading a team, including training more junior members of staff
Characteristics and Experience:
- Strong experience of balance sheet reconciliations and cashflow management
- Experience of budgets, forecasts and analysis
- Demonstrate initiative and take responsibility for financial issues, seeing them through to completion
- Successful track record of managing processes, challenging key stakeholders and driving outcomes
- Knowledgeable of recent changes to accounting standards and the reporting requirements of large groups
- Ambitious; ability to grow with the growth of the group; high energy levels and drive
- Systems review and implementation would be ideal
We offer a competitive package commensurate with qualifications and experience to the right candidate including professional training and long-term career development opportunities.
Rate: To be negotiated dependant on experience.