Sudlows work throughout the UK and have a growing portfolio of projects nationwide. Our award-winning technical services company have a fantastic opportunity for a Financial Accountant to join our successful team.
The Group has plans for growth and is seeking an ambitious individual capable of assisting the Financial Controller with the production of the month end accounts and running the finance department. This is a newly created position with a level of visibility and exposure.
We have over 200 staff and have achieved recent growth with ongoing expansion plans. Sudlows are an equal opportunities employer and value diversity in our workforce.
As the organisation’s Financial Accountant, you will be in a pivotal role within the business, helping to drive finance’s exposure across the business. Your skills as an accounting professional will be utilised to support all key areas of the business.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
You will be involved in a very broad remit which will typically include:
- Balance Sheet Reconciliations and audit preparation
- Monthly Payroll including overhead analysis
- Cash Management
- Developing internal controls and process improvements
- Inter-company accounting and reconciliations
- Tax planning and reporting
- Ledger review and analysis
Skills and Qualifications:
- CIMA/ACCA/ACA Qual or Finalist.
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in a financial accounts focused role.
- Advanced excel and a mix of proven process/system improvement are desirable.
- An understanding of Contract Accounting and any software experience is preferable, but not essential.
- Proven ability to develop and manage advanced Microsoft Excel financial models and undertake analysis that affects the outcome of business decisions
- Experience of building and leading a team, including training more junior members of staff
- Strong experience of balance sheet reconciliations and cashflow management
- Experience of budgets, forecasts and analysis
- Demonstrate initiative and take responsibility for financial issues, seeing them through to completion
- Knowledgeable about recent changes to accounting standards and the reporting requirements of large groups
- Ambitious; ability to grow with the growth of the group; high energy levels and drive
We offer a competitive package commensurate with qualifications and experience to the right candidate including professional training and long-term career development opportunities.
Rate: To be negotiated dependant on experience.