A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Finance Manager to join one of Manchester’s longest established Engineering organisations.
We are looking for a confident, ambitious and proactive Finance Manager to join our team based in Chadderton, Manchester. This role will take ownership of preparing monthly financial reporting and providing financial insights to drive decision making. You will continuously seek to improve the Company’s internal controls, administrative processes and reporting information.
The business is fast growing with a Finance team who work hard to keep up with the pace of change and support the company with all matters relating to finance on a daily basis. The role will involve the line management and mentoring of part-qualified team members in Finance. There are also opportunities for you to develop relationships across all levels of the business and work closely with the Senior Management team. You will be involved with both the UK and international businesses by working across a complex group structure. It is an excellent opportunity to establish yourself as a key person within an ambitious business and take on additional responsibilities as the business continues to expand.
About Our Company
Sudlows Group is a multi-award-winning data centre and infrastructure specialist with offices in the UK, Europe, Middle East and India. The business provides a full range of technical services for Data Centres, Critical Infrastructures, Enterprise Services and Facilities Management building projects. Following a management buy-out in 2006, the Board has overseen a phenomenal growth from £3.5m turnover in 2006 up to £48 million turnover to date.
Having been at the forefront of innovative technology and the provider of choice for M&E and IT projects for over 100 years, Sudlows is well positioned to continue its growth both in the UK and internationally and capitalise on the ever-increasing demand for energy efficient and sustainable data centre environments.
This is a fantastic opportunity to play a key role within an ambitious and entrepreneurial business as it seeks to capitalise on its successes to date. The appointed candidate will be rewarded with a competitive salary in an organisation which will provide longevity and opportunities to assume additional responsibilities while progressing within the business.
- Professional experience – Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) with experience working within SME businesses, ideally within a complex accounting environment, including intercompany transactions. Practice experience highly desirable.
- Technical & Analytical – Highly comfortable navigating his or her way around the key financial statements – P&L, Balance Sheet & Cashflow. Strong attention to detail with a track record for producing timely, high quality and accurate reports and analysis. Strong analytical skills supported by advanced Excel capabilities.
- Ambitious – Demonstrates high energy, tenacity and determination when dealing with challenging situations. Personally driven to achieve success and growth within a business. Proactive in highlighting and acting upon opportunities. Must also exhibit a ‘roll your sleeves up’ attitude suited to an SME environment.
- Communication – A warm and engaging style of communication. Approachable with the ability to clearly communicate financial information to both a financial and non-financial audience.
- Team Management – Exposure to team management, mentorship and development of individuals. Professional work ethic with a “leads by example” approach.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Taking ownership for the timely preparation of monthly financial reporting, including P&L, Balance Sheet and Cashflow while providing supporting analysis.
- Helping to manage and develop the Finance Team, by providing trainees with support through their qualifications and carrying out appraisals.
- Assisting in the continuous development of robust financial controls throughout the Group.
- Month-End & Year-End reporting and reconciliation of Balance Sheet control accounts.
- Updating and maintaining the Fixed Asset Register.
- Producing comprehensive reconciliations to support the Group’s Balance Sheet.
- Supporting in the provision of information for audit purposes and the preparation of multiple company and statutory accounts.
- Supporting in all aspects of statutory reporting and compliance.
- Preparing ad hoc financial and non-financial reporting.
- Becoming acknowledged as the expert on VAT, including EU trade, VAT deferment and CIS reverse charge.
- Taking control of SAGE 200 administration (users, role profiles, company access, new GL codes etc).