A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Finance Accountant to join one of Manchester’s longest established Engineering organisations.
We are looking for a confident, ambitious, and proactive Finance Accountant to join our team based in Chadderton, Manchester. This role will work within a team of Management Accountants in the preparation of monthly financial reporting and providing financial insights to drive decision making. You will continuously seek to improve the Company’s internal controls, administrative processes, and reporting information.
The business is fast growing with a Finance Team who work hard to keep up with the pace of change and support the company with all finance matters on a daily basis. You will be involved with both the UK and international businesses by working across a complex group structure.
About our Company
Sudlows Group is a multi-award-winning Data Centre and infrastructure specialist with offices in the UK, Europe, Middle East and India. The business provides a full range of technical services for Data Centres, Critical Infrastructures, Enterprise Services and Facilities Management building projects. Following a management buy-out in 2006, the Board has overseen a phenomenal growth from £3.5m turnover in 2006 up to £60 million turnover to date.
Having been at the forefront of innovative technology and the provider of choice for M&E and IT projects for over 100 years, Sudlows is well positioned to continue its growth both in the UK and internationally and capitalise on the ever-increasing demand for energy efficient and sustainable Data Centre environments.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a Finance Team within an ambitious and entrepreneurial business as it seeks to capitalise on its successes to date.
Key responsibilities include:
- Taking ownership for the timely preparation of monthly financial reporting, including P&L, Balance Sheet and Cashflow while providing supporting analysis and information to the profit centres, within this diverse group.
- Assisting in the continuous development of robust financial controls throughout the Group.
- Month-End and Year-End reporting, including involvement in accounting for inter group transactions within the group structure.
- Producing comprehensive reconciliations to support the Group’s Balance Sheet.
- Supporting in the provision of information for audit purposes and the preparation of multiple statutory accounts.
- Supporting in all aspects of regulatory and compliance reporting from a finance perspective for the group.
- Becoming acknowledged as the expert on VAT, including EU trade, VAT deferment and CIS reverse charge.
- Taking control of finance ledger administration (users, role profiles, company access, new GL codes etc. Sage 200).
- Support the financial controller in activities regarding the preparation of actual, forecast, budget and ad hoc financial and non-financial reporting information.
- Work as part of a Finance Team providing support and development to other team members as necessary.
- Ability to work in multiple currencies and foreign exchange as required by the reporting environment.
- Updating and maintaining the Fixed Asset Register.
- Supporting the preparation of the information to enable the payroll to be generated.
- Involvement in the development of the finance accounting systems.
The Candidate will Demonstrate:
- Professional experience – Qualified Accountant or QBE (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) with experience working within SME businesses, ideally within a complex accounting environment, including intercompany transactions. Practice experience highly desirable / preferable.
- Technical & Analytical – Highly comfortable navigating his or her way around the key financial statements – P&L, Balance Sheet & Cashflow. Strong attention to detail with a track record for producing timely, high quality and accurate reports and analysis. Strong analytical skills supported by advanced Excel capabilities.
- Ambitious – Demonstrates high energy, tenacity and determination when dealing with challenging situations. Personally driven to achieve success and growth within a business. Proactive in highlighting and acting upon opportunities.
- Communication – A warm and engaging style of communication. Approachable with the ability to clearly communicate financial information to both a financial and non-financial audience.
- Team player – Ability to be an integral part of a growing finance team demonstrating a professional work ethic with a “hands on” approach, suited to an SME environment.