Due to our continued success and growth, we have an opportunity for an Estimator, who has proven experience working within Data Centres and Critical Environments, to join our Critical Infrastructures team.
We have over 220 staff and have achieved recent growth with ongoing expansion plans. Sudlows are keen to recruit candidates who will be part of this ambition. We are an equal opportunities employer and value diversity in our workforce.
The Estimator will be responsible for providing commercial support for the business unit in winning work by estimating the cost of key project elements such as items of plant, electrical systems, and subcontract packages of electrical, mechanical and fabric.
It is important that the Estimator understands basic construction technology and methods of delivery on and off site.
Ideally the successful candidate should come from an engineering background with knowledge of electrical systems. Education to HNC/HND or degree level in Electrical/Building Services would be an advantage.
The successful candidate would need to be able to prioritise workload to ensure deadlines are met without compromise on quality, able to work on own initiative, self-motivated and be a good team player who can communicate with colleagues and management at all levels.
You will need to demonstrate a proven track record of successful tenders on data centres, comms rooms or similar projects involving critical infrastructure.
You should have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a building services estimating position.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Issuing subcontract and material enquiries for various packages.
- Attend site visits and collaborate with client’s team.
- Attend site visits with potential suppliers and sub-contractors.
- Read, understand, and scrutinise specifications and drawings.
- Understand the roll of principle contractor and sub-contractor duties.
- Identification of potential risk and opportunities.
- Carry out takes offs from drawings and specifications.
- Use of Estimating software (Trimble).
- Input into design aspects regarding value engineering.
- Reviewing sub-contractor submissions ensuring compliance with tender requirements.
- Compilation of final tender documentation for director sign off.
- Input into the program highlighting potential lead time issues.
- Input into the formal submission of tenders.
- Assist with the preparation of the proposal documents.
- Must have full clean UK driving licence.
- SC clearance would be beneficial but not a necessity.
We offer a competitive package commensurate with qualifications and experience to the right candidate including professional training and long-term career development opportunities.
Rate: Negotiable dependent on experience