With the continued expansion of our award winning technical services company, Sudlows, who work throughout the UK, have a growing portfolio of projects and have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Electrical Project Manager to join our successful business.
We have over 200 staff and have achieved recent growth with ongoing expansion plans. Sudlows are keen to recruit candidates who will be part of this ambition. We are an equal opportunities employer and value diversity in our workforce.
The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting in the delivery of multi-disciplined projects within the critical infrastructure department. This includes ensuring installation and maintenance contracts meet internal and client specifications and statutory requirements.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget and to agreed standards
- Ensure the project budget and costs are managed effectively including reimbursements for variations to the contract
- Promote Cultural Based Safety on site
- Ensure programme set up and reviewed continually
- Liaise with vendors, suppliers, sub-contractors, specialist designers, manufacturers, etc. with respect to the specification, validation and value Engineering of products and equipment to be supplied to the project
- Conduct regular reviews of drawings/document control on site, ensuring the correct versions are being used
- Ensure risks are identified and mitigation measures are put in place
- Forecasts and reporting
- Seek to clarify queries with the design team through the request for information (RFI) system
- To directly manage electrical sub-contractors to ensure all electrical elements of the project are delivered on time and against the designs given
- To develop the designs to include site level co-ordination and details which may develop during construction, feeding this back to the design team where necessary.
- The above outlines the key accountabilities of the position, however this cannot be comprehensive and other duties, as directed by the company and within the job holder’s capabilities may be required
- The role will be based on a project in a defined geographical area however flexibility in this respect within the region will be expected
Skills and Qualifications:
- HNC/D qualified preferable – recognised training scheme
- 3-4 years’ experience – data centre project experience highly desirable
- Proven experience as an electrical Project Manager working on a range of projects
- Exceptional skills in managing a heavy workload and conflicting demands, whilst consistently producing high-quality work to tight deadlines
- Proactive with a strong ability to work independently and without supervision
- Experience of liaising with colleagues from operational to senior director level
- First class communication skills, personal confidence and the ability to influence others
- Intermediate to advanced Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Experience of consultant and/or contractor led services
- Meticulous written and verbal communication skills
Planning and Organising:
- Ability to organise own workload
- Ability to prioritise work and deliver to tight deadlines
- Able to maintain accurate and timely records as required by the role
- Forward thinking, dedicated and driven
Working with People:
- Able to establish a rapport with service users as necessary e.g. clients, members of the public, other contractors etc.
- Understands how to encourage and influence people to get the best from them
- Understands the needs of others and able to respond accordingly
- Able to communicate factual information politely and courteously.
- Has excellent spoken skills e.g. telephone and face-to-face conversations.
- Has advanced written and numeric skills appropriate to the job.
We offer a competitive package commensurate with qualifications and experience to the right candidate including professional training and long-term career development opportunities.
Rate: To be negotiated dependant on experience.