Due to the continued expansion of our highly successful specialised engineering company, we have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Project Manager to manage a range of electrical projects throughout the North West.
We have over 200 staff and have achieved recent growth with ongoing expansion plans. Sudlows are keen to recruit candidates who will be part of this ambition. We are an equal opportunities employer and value diversity in our workforce.
To control the overall operational delivery of projects, inclusive of the Health and safety, technical, commercial and managerial requirements, from bid, pre-commencement to practical completion. Ensuring that profitability is maintained or improved through effective leadership. Provision of high quality customer service and interface with relevant support functions allocated to the project, e.g. planning, commercial, technical and safety, etc.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Demonstrate appropriate Health and Safety leadership to ensure that the safety first and foremost message is visible and alive throughout any activities carried out.
- Ensure adherence to all Sudlows policies, processes and procedures
- Ensure under direction, all works comply with Sudlows IT Services (ITS) Company standards and to meet and exceed client expectations, as well as the requirements to meet/exceed international standards and manufacturers installation guideline systems.
- To provide leadership for the project delivery team and to maximise the potential of the team and the individuals within.
- To participate within bid activity; as requested by the senior management and to work in conjunction with the Business Development department and in line with Focus Win processes.
- Provide input in the preparation of the business plans and budgets accurately based on the initial contract parameters and objectives. Seeking opportunities to provide actions which maximises profit on the project. Continue to monitor the profitability of contracts using appropriate management accountant techniques.
- Provide appropriate input to all monthly reviews in line with the business procedures to ensure that the senior management have full knowledge of the completion and financial status of the project until completion.
- To manage all related activities to the successful completion of the projects. In line with agreed quality and commercial plans to achieve targets within agreed timescales and cost constraints.
- Ensure that positive relationships are maintained with the customer through efficient delivery of projects with a view to optimising future opportunities and profitability.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Time Served Apprentice or relevant Electrical qualifications
- CSCS – Black Card
- Previous experience as an Electrical Project Manager
- Demonstrable experience in delivering projects exceeding £2m
- The ability to plan, co-ordinate and prioritise workloads
- Good knowledge and understanding of a variety of Electrical systems, including installation methods
- Highly organised with ability to multitask and work with tight deadlines to achieve objectives
- Excellent analytical skills
- Good people management skills
We offer a competitive package commensurate with qualifications and experience to the right candidate including professional training and long-term career development opportunities.
Rate: To be negotiated dependent on experience.