With the continued expansion of our award-winning technical services company, Sudlows, who work throughout the UK, have a growing portfolio of projects and have a fantastic new role and opportunity for an Electrical Engineer to join our successful business, wishing to take the next steps and develop their career in the field of mission critical engineering services.
We have over 200 staff and have achieved recent growth with ongoing expansion plans. Sudlows are keen to recruit candidates who will be part of this ambition. We are an equal opportunities employer and value diversity in our workforce.
Working with both the Sudlows FM Department and Critical Infrastructures Projects Team’s, you will work within the Critical Infrastructures business, in this exciting new “Hybrid” engineer’s role undertaking various site surveys, supervising small projects and assisting in the development of various aspects of Electrical Services relating to Data Centre design and build projects.
The role will include undertaking surveys for small electrical installations, such as UPS replacements and installations, small power upgrades together with associated critical infrastructure serving the data centre.
The successful candidate will be provided with appropriate training for understanding and installing Data Centre Infrastructure Management (DCIM) to allow our customers data centres to be continually monitored together with on the job training as and where required.
The engineer will also assist in undertaking FM duties, such as Planned Preventative Maintenance visits, coordinating with sub-contractors, ensuring all site works are undertaken in a safe and compliant manner.
Working with the latest data centre technologies, you will work on award winning projects as part of a forward thinking engineering team.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Undertake site surveys of data centre and comms rooms to gather information for electrical designs to be undertaken
- Collate information and pass onto the electrical design team for review and calculations to be carried out
- Review of UPS Systems (previous experience would be beneficial)
- Condition surveys and writing engineering reports
- Dealing with engineering and project technical related issues
- Attending and undertaking site surveys
- Assist with the development of proposals for submission to the customer
- Attending customer design meetings with Head of FM / Head of CI Projects to discuss proposal and design
- Liaise with sub-contractors on site and take responsibility whilst carrying out PPM duties
- Work with the procurement team as required to allow necessary equipment to be procured
- Take responsibility for small electrical installations, supervising sub contractors and liaising with the customer
- Experience with Data Centre/Comms Room Installations and UPS systems is preferable but not essential
Skills and Qualifications:
- Qualifications in Electrical Engineering or in a related field
- Based in or around Manchester, willing to travel and have full working rights in the UK
- Minimum qualification of HNC in electrical or building services engineering. City and Guilds 2396 Design and Verification will also be considered
- Minimum SSSTS or SMSTS essential
- Experience in previous experiences in supervision would be beneficial
- First Aid beneficial but not essential
- Engineering experience gained in building projects and data centres would be an advantage
- Proactive individual with good communication skills
- Competent in Microsoft Packages including; Word, Outlook and Excel
- Able to work within a design team environment, prioritise tasks and manage time, to meet deliverable deadlines
- Experience with Data Centre Installations preferable but not essential
Planning and Organising:
- Good forward thinker and planner with an ability to perform consistently under pressure, and meet deadlines
- Exercise straightforward technical or professional judgement using Company values, policy and procedures to guide actions and decisions
Working with People:
- Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of clients.
- Actively collect first-hand client information and uses it to improve services and solutions
- Understand how to encourage and influence people to get the best from them
- Approachable team player who is able to communicate at different levels and situations and influence people
- Has advanced written and numeric skills appropriate to the job and can clearly communicate plans ideas and priorities