With the continued expansion of our award winning technical services company, Sudlows, who work throughout the Middle East, have a growing portfolio of projects and have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Electrical Design Engineer to join our successful business.
We have over 200 staff and have achieved recent growth with ongoing expansion plans. Sudlows are keen to recruit candidates who will be part of this ambition. We are an equal opportunities employer and value diversity in our workforce.
With a sound knowledge of electrical infrastructure design and engineering, the successful candidate will support the growth of the business in the region. Alongside carrying out engineering and consulting, a key aspect of the role is pro-active client engagement and developing Sudlows network with suppliers, contractors, system integrators and other consultants.
Once design projects are secured, the successful candidate will take responsibility for the design of the project, being the main point of contact between the client and the UK design team, ultimately ensuring successful completion and delivery of the consultancy project.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Production of data centre electrical design information for mission critical services including; LV Distribution, Generator & UPS systems
- Production of specifications for critical part of electrical installations
- Electrical design calculations, sizing, discrimination studies and analysis
- Create and issue electrical specifications to contractors
- Carry out site surveys
- Development of all necessary drawings, technical submissions, calculations and descriptions of operations to construction standard
- Provide technical support for incoming queries and enquiries
- Accurate cost estimation for consultancy
- Dealing with technical engineering and project related issues
- Prepare and participate in the review of and in the submission of technical and commercial clarifications and revised bid documents as required through the tendering process
- Witness of commissioning activities and Integrated Systems Testing
- Liaise with sub-contractors and ensure that drawings are issued with all required information
- Continued professional development Experience with Data Centre Installations preferable but not essential.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Qualifications in Electrical Engineering or in a related field.
- Intermediate Electrical Design Engineer.
- Must be proficient in lighting design software
- Fire system design advantageous
- Engineering design experience gained in building projects and data centres would be an advantage
- Proactive individual with good communication skills
- Proficient with Amtech
- Proficient with 2D AutoCAD
- Competent in Word and Outlook and Excel
Planning and Organising:
- Good forward thinker and planner
- Able to perform consistently under pressure, and meet deadlines
- Quick thinker and adaptable to different situations
- Ability to accept change and new ideas
- Exercise straightforward technical or professional judgement using Company values, policy and procedures to guide actions and decisions
Working with People:
- Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of clients. Actively collect first-hand client information and uses it to improve services and solutions
- Understand how to encourage and influence people to get the best from them
- Understand the needs of others and able to respond accordingly
- Approachable team player who is able to communicate at different levels and situations and influence people
- Has everyday spoken skills e.g. telephone and face-to-face conversations
- Has advanced written and numeric skills appropriate to the job
- Can clearly communicate ideas, plans and priorities to others
We offer a competitive package commensurate with qualifications and experience to the right candidate including professional training and long-term career development opportunities.
Rate: To be negotiated dependant on experience.