With the continued expansion of our award-winning Enterprise Services Division, Sudlows, who work throughout the UK and EMEA, have a growing portfolio of projects and have a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic Communications Estimator to join our successful business, based out of our Manchester office. This role sits within a busy design & estimating environment, focussing on structured cabling solutions.
We have over 200 staff and have achieved recent growth with on-going expansion plans. Sudlows are keen to recruit candidates who will be part of this ambition. We are an equal opportunities employer and value diversity in our workforce.
The successful candidate will be responsible for production of detailed and accurate connectivity estimates and proposals for traditional design & build projects throughout the UK. You will be required to work on a broad variety of minor and major projects, across most sectors including commercial and industrial. It is expected that the candidate has a minimum 5 years’ experience in the communications industry.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- PC literate, must be able to use take off & estimating software along with basic excel & word skills
- Taking quantities off drawings, specifications, and bills of quantities
- Using drawings and specifications to produce
- Bill of materials (BoM)
- Labour estimates for the proposed works
- Plant and MEWP requirements
- Travel and Prelim requirements
- Production of complete building services designs and estimates
- Involvement in finalisation of tenders
- Producing & issuing tender packages for subcontractor packages and reviewing returned documents for inclusion in the main bid
- Production of client issued documentation detailing job specific technical & commercial information, Cabinet elevations, technical submittals, organising test results & as fitted floor plans.
- Liaising with the wider Design Team to review tender documents and provide necessary clarification on proposed attendances, contract, terms etc. as required to limit unreasonable commercial risk
- Ensuring all roles and responsibilities are carried out in accordance with business procedures
Ideal Professional Training Qualifications:
- Structured Cabling Manufacturer Training (Commscope, Excel Etc)
Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience in a similar role or on-site experience with ambition to transfer knowledge
- Estimating/bid presentation experience in the Enterprise Services sector or similar
- Ability to read and clearly understand emails, drawings, and specifications
- Strong English & Mathematics skills
- Ability to work under pressure and flexible in approach to tender deadlines
- IT literate with experience of standard Microsoft packages incl. Excel
- Methodical forward thinker and planner
- Highly motivated, good work ethic and enthusiasm
- Confident and articulate with good attention to detail
- Able to communicate at different levels
- Able to perform under pressure and meet deadlines
- Quick thinker and adaptable to different situations
- Approachable and good interpersonal skills
- Creative mind – thinks about the best way to provide information in a clear and concise manner
We offer a competitive package commensurate with qualifications and experience to the right candidate.
Rate: To be negotiated dependent on experience