With the continued expansion of our award winning technical services company, Sudlows, who work throughout the UK, have a growing portfolio of projects and have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced BIM Technician to join our successful business.
We have over 200 staff and have achieved recent growth with ongoing expansion plans. Sudlows are keen to recruit candidates who will be part of this ambition. We are an equal opportunities employer and value diversity in our workforce.
The Revit Technician is an imperative part of the design process. You will use AutoCAD and REVIT to detail systems from rough or general design drawings; insert details, complete equipment schedules and other information necessary to make detailed drawings clear and complete.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Manage the development of M&E drawings and 3D Model
- Manage the issuing of drawings and 3D models to client, professional teams and subcontractors
- Liaise with all internal and external teams as required ensuring that all drawings are accurate and representative of the installations planned
- Maintain a drawing issue register and manage all revisions required
- Assist the M&E design teams with generating the Revit Model and Drawings
- Take ownership of the drawings and ensure that all information is shown to allow for accurate construction and that all third parties are in possession of up to date and accurate drawings
- Generate a BIM Model of the design
- Produce 3D visualisations of intended designs.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Multidisciplinary building systems experience
- AutoCAD 2008/2016 proficient
- Proficient in Revit up to latest version
- Ability to use Navisworks to a good standard.
- Understanding of basic drawing setup modelling technique and general knowledge of drafting standards
- Excellent Revit and CAD drafting skills and drawing aesthetics
- Ability to quickly absorb and utilize company-specific techniques, standards and procedures
- Strong oral and written communication skills essential for team-based working
- Efficient planning and organization skills required for our fast-paced environment
- Must be highly motivated, proactive and willing to take on new challenges
Planning and Organising:
- Ability to organise own workload
- Ability to prioritise work and deliver to tight deadlines
- Able to maintain accurate and timely records as required by the role
- Forward thinking, dedicated and driven
Working with People:
- Able to establish a rapport with service users as necessary e.g. clients, members of the public, other contractors etc.
- Understand how to encourage and influence people to get the best from them
- Understand the needs of others and able to respond accordingly
- Able to communicate factual information politely and courteously.
- Excellent spoken skills e.g. telephone and face-to-face conversations.
- Advanced written and numeric skills appropriate to the job.
We offer a competitive package commensurate with qualifications and experience to the right candidate including professional training and long-term career development opportunities.
Rate: To be negotiated dependant on experience.