Due to the continued expansion of our successful specialised engineering company, we have an exciting career opportunity for an experienced and enthusiastic Bid Manager to join our successful Company.
Sudlows, who work throughout the UK, have a growing portfolio of customer and partners. We have over 200 staff, and have achieved recent growth with ongoing expansion plans. Sudlows are keen to recruit candidates who will be part of this ambition.
We value our employees and Sudlows offers a dynamic and interesting environment to work in – with a number of our new team members developing career paths within the Company.
The successful candidate will be a valued member of one of our most successful departments. We are currently looking to grow our business and this role is a key part to this vision. You will manage and coordinate the submission of pre-qualification and tender documents to deadlines. Oversee and manage the whole bid process from start to end.
We’re looking for an individual who has a track record of delivering successful tenders in IT, ICT or engineering, or a comparable sector, and who want to develop their career making a direct contribution to the success of the business. Ideally you will have the experience and skills to lead the team to develop our commercial, technical and quality submissions, and are a proven problem solver, with great communication and people management skills.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Manage and coordinate the submission of pre-qualification and tender documents to deadlines
- Reviewing bid documents to ensure a clear timetable for information deadlines
- Prepare initial draft responses and coordinate technical responses for submissions documents
- Coordinate the preparation of final bid documents including undertaking final quality checks to ensure high standards of format and content
- Support the development of sector and company capability documents and keep these up to date
- Maintain bid register on wins/losses and provide reports on success levels for regular board meetings
- Support with the production of presentation documents in terms of information, content and presentation
- Monitor websites for business leads on a daily and weekly basis
Technical Skills and Qualifications:
- Proven experience in a bid/tenders role, preferably in the construction/ engineering/ Information Technology industries
- Exceptional skills in managing a heavy workload and conflicting demands, whilst consistently producing high-quality work to tight deadlines
- Experience of liaising with colleagues from operational to senior director level
- First class communication skills, personal confidence and the ability to influence others
- Intermediate to advanced Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Adobe InDesign skills
- Experience of consultant and/or contractor led services
- Excellent research skills with an eye for opportunity
- Meticulous written and verbal communication skills
Planning and Organising:
- Ability to organise own workload
- Ability to prioritise work and deliver to tight deadlines
- Identifies and knows how to solve everyday job-based problems in liaison with manager
Working with People:
- Able to establish a rapport with service users as necessary e.g. clients, members of the public, other contractors etc.
- Understands how to encourage and influence people to get the best from them
- Able to communicate factual information politely and courteously
- Has everyday spoken skills e.g. telephone and face-to-face conversations
- Has advanced written and numeric skills appropriate to the job
We offer a competitive package commensurate with qualifications and experience to the right candidate including professional training and long-term career development opportunities.
Rate: To be negotiated dependant on experience.