Due to the continued expansion of our highly successful specialised engineering company we have a new opportunity for an experienced Audio Visual Systems Designer to join our Enterprise Services team.
Sudlows work throughout the UK and have a growing portfolio of clients globally. We have over 200 staff and have achieved recent growth with ongoing expansion plans. Sudlows are keen to recruit candidates who will be part of this ambition.
The role of the Audio / Visual Systems Designer (AVSD) sits within the Design Team of Enterprise Services. The employee will be involved in the specification, design and pre installation handover of a range of Audio Visual technologies including but not limited projectors, TVs, touchscreens, sound systems and amplifiers, communal presentation and meeting systems and software and integration with meeting rooms to control the local environment.
- To liaise with Senior Account Managers, Technical Account Managers & Estimators to ensure high quality & detailed designs & proposals are submitted in line with client requirements & Sudlows commercial expectations.
- To carry out detailed site surveys of Audio / Visual installations in line with company procedures to ensure a high level of accuracy & competitiveness.
- Produce detailed design packs from concept as required by Sudlows & its customers.
- Liaising with the Bid Team to assist in producing detailed Technical Tender responses & producing detailed design proposals for new business.
- Applying for project pricing & liaising with our supply chain to ensure we provide our clients with the best solutions.
- Be the point of contact for Operations & respond to queries over scope of works and provide solutions to assist the installation.
- Support the wider design team as required and able on other design tasks.
Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrable knowledge of the design Audio / Visual systems across a range of technologies including but not limited to projectors, TVs, touchscreens, sound systems and amplifiers, communal presentation and meeting systems and software and meeting room integration to control the meeting room environment.
- Demonstrable knowledge of current and prevalent standards and licencing requirements that govern works within the Audio / Visual space.
- A working knowledge of structured cabling systems and active networking as the foundations of a system that supports an IP based AV installation.
- Experience in producing design drawings, schematics and proposals for AV installations.
- Experience in using a range of design tools such as MS Visio and CAD to support your design proposals.
- Experience working with industry leading manufacturers systems such as Crestron, C-Touch and SMART for example.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy while completing documentation in all its forms.
- Excellent customer facing manner.
- Flexible approach to working location and times.
- UK Driving Licence.
- Manufacturer awarded training and certification in the installation and / or design of Audio / Visual systems such as Crestron, Extron, SMART etc.
- Proven specific experience or training in the design of structured cabling systems.
- Proven experience and / or industry recognised training with other technologies in the intelligent building space such as, IP Security, Intelligent Lighting, HVAC and Energy Management.
- CSCS / ECS Card
Working with People:
- Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of clients. Actively collect first-hand client information and uses it to improve services and solutions
- Understand how to encourage and influence people to get the best from them
- Understand the needs of others and able to respond accordingly
- Approachable team player who is able to communicate at different levels and situations and influence people
- Has everyday spoken skills e.g. telephone and face-to-face conversations
- Has advanced written and numeric skills appropriate to the job
- Can clearly communicate ideas, plans and priorities to others
We offer a competitive package commensurate with qualifications and experience to the right candidate including professional training and long-term career development opportunities.
Rate: To be negotiated dependant on experience.