The role of the Audio/Visual Engineer sits within the operational side of Enterprise Services. The employee will be involved in the installation, commissioning and testing as well as O&M documentation of a range of Audio Visual technologies including but not limited projectors, TVs, touchscreens, sound systems and amplifiers, communal presentation and meeting systems and software and integration with meeting rooms to control the local environment. The Audio / Visual Engineer should also maintain a good knowledge of the prevalent standards and be willing to continually develop and learn in order to match and stay current with the changing pace of technology. As part of this role the employee must also maintain a working knowledge of structured cabling systems as this is a large part of the businesses offering but also it can be the foundation on which an IP based AV system will sit and they may be required to install these systems to support the AV installation. The AV Engineer may be asked to contribute in other areas of the business where there skills may be transferable from time to time.
Sudlows prides itself on quality of our designs and installations as well as how we engage with the customer, as a customer facing operative the Audio Visual Engineer will be expected to provide a high level of customer service in keeping with Sudlows standards as well as proving clear and concise communication both internally and externally. The highest levels of workmanship are expected as standard as well as strict adherence to our health and safety standards. All employees are expected to be able to follow company processes relating to work generated documentation and our internal paperwork and systems.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Installation, commissioning and testing of a range of Audio / Visual systems.
- Maintenance and fault calls on and Audio / Visual systems.
- Compilation of a range of post install documentation to aid in the production of the O&M manual.
- Interpreting and understanding proposal documents, schematics and drawings.
- Accurate and timely completion of all work related documentation including but not limited to test results, commissioning information, drawings and O&M information.
- Ensure the highest quality of workmanship at all times.
- Ensure accurate, clear and concise documentation at all times.
- Self-auditing own work.
- Interfacing with other systems and sub-contractors, in particular but not limited to structured cabling systems, meeting room lighting and environmental systems and the wider building intelligence.
- Accurate and timely completion of all internal documentation as required in your employment contract.
- Maintain adherence to Sudlows health and safety standards at all times.
- Demonstrable knowledge of the installation and commissioning of Audio / Visual systems across a range of technologies including but not limited to projectors, TVs, touchscreens, sound systems and amplifiers, communal presentation and meeting systems and software and meeting room integration to control the meeting room environment.
- Demonstrable knowledge of current and prevalent standards and licencing requirements that govern works within the Audio / Visual space.
- A working knowledge of structured cabling systems as on of the foundations of a system that supports an IP based AV installation.
- Experience in working to design drawings, schematics and proposals for AV installations.
- Experience working with industry leading manufacturers systems such as Crestron, C-Touch and SMART for example.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy while completing documentation in all its forms.
- Excellent customer facing manner.
- Flexible approach to working location and times.
- UK Driving Licence.
- CSCS / ECS Card.
- Manufacturer awarded training and certification in the installation and / or design of Audio / Visual systems such as Crestron, Extron, SMART ect…..
- Proven specific experience or training in the programming of AV control equipment such as Crestron or Extron for example.
- Proven specific experience or training in the installation of structured cabling systems.
- Proven specific experience or training in the installation of active networking equipment such as switches and wireless APs.
- Proven experience and / or industry recognised training with other technologies in the intelligent building space such as, IP Security, Intelligent Lighting, HVAC and Energy Management.
We offer a competitive package commensurate with qualifications and experience to the right candidate including professional training and long-term career development opportunities.
Rate: Negotiable dependent on experience.