With the continued expansion of our award winning specialised technical services business, Sudlows, who work throughout the UK, have a growing portfolio of projects and have an exciting career opportunity for an experienced and enthusiastic Technical Estimator to join our Facilities Management team based in Oldham.
We have over 200 staff and have achieved recent growth with on-going expansion plans. Sudlows are keen to recruit candidates who will be part of this ambition. We are an equal opportunities employer and value diversity in our workforce.
The successful candidate will be a valued member of one of our most successful departments. We are currently looking to grow our business and this role is a key part to this vision.
In this role you will be required to support the management and coordination of a multi-purpose Facilities Management Department, ensuring efficient use of resources and minimising potential conflict with clients. Supporting the resource planning in becoming more efficient and improve service delivery.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- To vet and approve all quote information processed – ensure accurate and correct to minimize errors and delays in time critical planning process
- Ensuring that all proposal & quotations submitted are technically correct
- Collating all pricing for contract (new & renewals), tender, reactive and remedial packages from subcontractors and reviewing returned documents for inclusion in quotation documents/ main bid as appropriate
- Production of Schedule of Rates for each successful tender
- Ensure changes to specifications communicated from project teams are reflected in good time for the project commencement, managing amendments to live works as necessary
- Ensuring all internal system are kept updated and progressed in-line with the status of the job
- Update finalized documents to internal systems
- Support of the FM Project Managers by producing variations on contracts throughout the lifecycle as required
- Chase purchase orders for submitted quotes and pass to the relevant advisor for progression
- Undertake any other duties as and when necessary to meet the varying demands of the business and satisfy customer needs
- Ensuring all roles and responsibilities are carried out in accordance with business procedures
- To maintain strong working relationships with client delivery and project management teams
Skills and Qualifications:
- Working to tight deadlines and prioritising tasks
- Knowledge of completing and submitting tenders/quotes
- Good negotiation skills, particularly with pricing and delivery deadlines
- Methodical approach to managing workload
- Able to establish a rapport with service users as necessary e.g. clients, members of the public, other contractors etc.
- Enthusiastic and pro-active attitude
- IT Skills including MS Office
- Understand the needs of others and able to respond accordingly
- Knowledge of Facilities Management products/services
- CSCS Card
- Use of estimating software
- Electrical or Construction based qualifications/technical knowledge
We offer a competitive package commensurate with qualifications and experience to the right candidate including professional training and long-term career development opportunities.
Rate: To be negotiated dependant on experience.