With the continued expansion of our award winning technical services company, Sudlows, who work throughout the UK, have a growing portfolio of projects and have a fantastic opportunity for a Sub-contract Ledger Clerk to join our Finance team.
We have over 200 staff and have achieved recent growth with ongoing expansion plans. Sudlows are keen to recruit candidates who will be part of this ambition. We are an equal opportunities employer and value diversity in our workforce.
As Sudlows continues to expand, we have created a new role for a Sub-Contract Ledger Clerk. As part of the Finance team you will be responsible for processing a high volume of high value Subcontractor payments as well as dealing with HMRC for CIS tax returns.
You will also have responsibility for ensuring that subcontractor payments are made on time and within CIS regulations and to ensure that all Subcontractor certificates and invoices sent for payment have been approved according with Company’s processes.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Processing a high volume of high value Subcontractor payments
- Subcontractor verification
- Maintaining the subcontractor records & insurance details for audit purposes
- Ensuring that subcontractor payments are made on time and within CIS regulations
- Issue and Control of Monthly Subcontractor Timetable
- Verify all CIS subcontractors, obtain the correct tax rates and deduct CIS tax where applicable from all payments made
- Post all CIS tax credits on to the Purchase Ledger in order and allocate the invoices / CIS credits and Payments for each supplier
- Regular reconciliation of the CIS ledger account
- Completion of Monthly CIS Return
- Ensuring that all Subcontractor certificates and invoices sent for payment have been approved according with Company’s processes
- Assist the team with Supplier invoices matching process once subcontractor payments have been processed
- Assist with other financial administrative tasks if required
- To carry out other duties with the above that may be directed or implied from time to time as required commensurate to the post
Skills and Qualifications:
- Previous experience in handling subcontractor accounts essential
- Knowledge of CIS scheme and regulations
- Proven experience of processing payments in relation to sub-contractors
- Experience of consultancy and/or contractor led environment
- Exceptional skills in managing a heavy workload and conflicting demands, whilst consistently producing high-quality work to tight deadlines
- Sales ledger/applications/credit control experience would be advantageous, but not essential
- Experience of liaising with colleagues from operational to senior director level
- First class communication skills, personal confidence and the ability to influence others
- Intermediate to advanced Word and Excel skills
- Excellent research skills with an eye for opportunity
- Meticulous written and verbal communication skills
- Experience of Sage 200 accounting system preferable but not essential
Planning and Organising:
- Ability to organise own workload
- Ability to prioritise work and deliver to tight deadlines
- Able to maintain accurate and timely records as required by the role
- Identifies and knows how to solve everyday job-based problems in liaison with manager
Working with People:
- Able to establish a rapport with service users as necessary e.g. clients, members of the public, other contractors etc.
- Understands how to encourage and influence people to get the best from them
- Understands the needs of others and able to respond accordingly
- Able to communicate factual information politely and courteously
- Has excellent spoken skills e.g. telephone and face-to-face conversations
- Has advanced written and numeric skills appropriate to the job
- Able to listen, observe and report information to manager
We offer a competitive package commensurate with qualifications and experience to the right candidate including professional training and long-term career development opportunities.
Rate: To be negotiated dependant on experience.