With the continued expansion of our award winning technical services company, Sudlows, who work throughout the UK, have a growing portfolio of projects and have a fantastic opportunity for a Junior Quantity Surveyor to join our successful business.
We have over 200 staff and have achieved recent growth with ongoing expansion plans. Sudlows are keen to recruit candidates who will be part of this ambition. We are an equal opportunities employer and value diversity in our workforce.
The Junior Quantity Surveyor will be a valued member of one of our most successful departments. The role will encompass dealing with cost control, planning, forecasting and estimation; undertaking valuations – including value engineering and management; conducting feasibility studies and cost benefit analysis; writing reports and preparing documents (plans, contracts, budgets etc.) as well as dealing with risk analysis evaluations and dispute resolution.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
The ideal candidate will have an electrical background and an industry recognised HNC/HND/Degree in Quantity Surveying. You may have a degree, A-Levels or Higher Education qualifications in a building services related discipline. Candidates will need to show a clear understanding, and ideally some experience, of the following key responsibilities.
- General Pre & Post Construction management
- Management/control of profitability/margins
- Assist with managing, negotiating and the issue of all project price submittals
- Cost / budget / margin project projections & management
- WIP reporting
- Client billing negotiations & justifications
- Assist with the management of all variations, internal & external
- Sub-contractor/partner appointment & price work negotiations
- Some management of purchase orders & invoices for suppliers & Sub-contractors
- Control & manage handover process to operations from pre-construction to construction stage
- Management of Contract Master & Contract Costing
- Customer engagement and Business Development
Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum of HNC/HND level of education
- Excellent IT and mathematical skills
- High degree of concentration & accuracy
- Budget handling skills
- An understanding of Building Regulations and other legal guidelines
- Able to meet tight deadlines under pressure
- Can communicate at all levels
Planning and Organising:
- Good forward thinker and planner
- Able to perform consistently under pressure, and meet deadline
- Ability to prioritise work and deliver to tight deadlines for the department
- Contributes to day-to-day smooth running of the department
- Exercise straightforward technical or professional judgement using Company values, policy and procedures to guide actions and decisions
Working with People:
- Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of clients.
- Understand how to encourage and influence people to get the best from them
- Understand the needs of others and able to respond accordingly
- Approachable team player who is able to communicate at different levels and situations and influence people
We offer a competitive package commensurate with qualifications and experience to the right candidate including professional training and long-term career development opportunities.
Rate: To be negotiated dependant on experience.