With the continued expansion of our award winning technical services company, Sudlows, who work throughout the UK, have a growing portfolio of projects and have a fantastic opportunity for a Purchase Ledger Clerk to join our Finance team.
We have over 200 staff and have achieved recent growth with ongoing expansion plans. Sudlows are keen to recruit candidates who will be part of this ambition. We are an equal opportunities employer and value diversity in our workforce.
This is a purchase ledger processing role and you will be responsible for the processing of purchase invoices, ledger maintenance and dealing with any internal and external queries. You should have a keen eye for detail and be experienced in the maintenance of multiple purchase ledgers, preparing timely updates to management on the balances contained therein.
In addition to purchase ledger experience already gained working within a commercial environment, we are looking for someone with the ability to work well both independently and as part of a team. It goes without saying that you’re numerate and have good attention to detail. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are vital too. You should be able to demonstrate an in-depth knowledge and understanding of all Microsoft Office packages including Word, Excel and Outlook.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Cash allocation
- Purchase invoice processing including knowledge of VAT and other relevant legislation
- End to end processing
- Reporting and recording of payments and credits
- Process improvement
Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience of the construction or contracting sector would be beneficial
- Work well under pressure
- Meet tight deadlines
- Work accurately and effectively with minimal supervision
- Can communicate at all levels
- Computer literate / IT skills as required to carry out job
Planning and Organising:
- Ability to organise own workload
- Ability to prioritise work and deliver to tight deadlines
- Able to maintain accurate and timely records as required by the role
- Identifies and knows how to solve everyday job-based problems in liaison with manager
Working with People:
- Able to establish a rapport with service users as necessary e.g. clients, members of the public, other contractors etc.
- Understands how to encourage and influence people to get the best from them
- Understands the needs of others and able to respond accordingly
- Able to communicate factual information politely and courteously
- Has excellent spoken skills e.g. telephone and face-to-face conversations
- Has advanced written and numeric skills appropriate to the job
- Able to listen, observe and report information to manager
We offer a competitive package commensurate with qualifications and experience to the right candidate including professional training and long-term career development opportunities.
Rate: To be negotiated dependant on experience.