Due to the continued expansion of our highly successful specialised engineering company, including our award winning data centre design and build business, we are looking for a Junior Procurement Assistant to work within the Purchasing department.
To provide administrative support to the procurement department where required, supporting the current team. This is a critical role in all aspects of accuracy, attention to detail and record management.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Requesting rebate information from suppliers and updating a rebate tracker
- Completing account set up forms in a correct and timely manner
- Raising purchase orders using accurate cost codes
- Stock check and replenish office stationery
- Supporting the procurement assistant and purchasing manager with any administrative jobs
- Chasing suppliers and sub-contractors for up to date insurance certificates
- Keeping up to date records of suppliers via a contact list
- General administration and housekeeping of procurement folder
- Carrying out any other duties requested by the company from time to time
Qualifications & Experience:
- Experience in an office admin role
- Able to manage a heavy workload and conflicting demands, whilst consistently producing high-quality work to tight deadlines
- Experience of liaising with colleagues from operational to director level
- First class communication skills, personal confidence and the ability to influence others
- Intermediate to advanced Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills
Planning and Organising:
- Ability to organise own workload
- Ability to prioritise work and deliver to tight deadlines
- Able to maintain accurate and timely records as required by the role
- Ability to identify and can solve everyday job-based problems in liaison with manager
Working with People:
- Able to establish a rapport with service users as necessary e.g. clients, members of the public, other contractors etc
- Understands how to encourage and influence people to get the best from them
- Understands the needs of others and able to respond accordingly
- Able to communicate factual information politely and courteously
- Has excellent spoken skills e.g. telephone and face-to-face conversations
- Has advanced written and numeric skills appropriate to the job
- Able to listen, observe and report information to manager
We offer a competitive package commensurate with qualifications and experience to the right candidate including professional training and long-term career development opportunities.
Rate: To be negotiated dependant on experience.