Due to the continued expansion of our highly successful specialised engineering company, including our award winning data centre design and build business, we are looking to grow our IT team with a 2nd Line IT Support Technician. We are looking for someone who is keen for a fresh challenge and wants to progress their career within the IT department.
Sudlows work throughout the UK and have a growing portfolio of clients globally. We have over 200 staff and have achieved recent growth with ongoing expansion plans. Sudlows are keen to recruit candidates who will be part of this ambition.
The IT Support role will include work on 2nd Line Support and assist the IT Helpdesk staff and ensure that end users are receiving the appropriate assistance. Working from both of our locations in Manchester and Oldham, but predominantly from the Oldham office.
You will perform all duties that directly relate to the organisation and standardisation of the IT department including supporting end users, monitoring the network and helping with Security Audit, Data Input, Reporting, Documenting, scheduled security checks on servers and firewalls to help with security audit projects for the IT department.
Daily routine and work in progress as part of the ongoing IT projects will include troubleshooting and maintaining workstations/laptops, installing security updates on workstations and servers, setting up tablet, mobiles, VOIP phone system and setup new computers for new starters. Working as part of the IT team, you will help to support 200-250 users across all our offices.
Skills and Experience:
- At least 3 years experience in IT support or Network Infrastructure
- A Levels or equivalent desired
- MCPs (Microsoft Certified Professional) or MCSA/MCSE would be advantageous
- Be passionate about IT
- Have a broad knowledge in Microsoft Operating systems and Office packages
- Work as a team player and a mentor
- Have a courteous manner
- Excellent customer service skills
- The ability to explain technical issues to non-technical users
- Analysis and problem-solving skills
- The ability to prioritise and manage tasks
- Ability to work under heavy workload whilst consistently producing high-quality work to tight deadlines
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Supporting staff on the use of Windows and Office 365
- Work under own initiative to carry out departmental tasks
- Responsible for updating IT Helpdesk system and documentation
- Answering the phone and dealing with department calls
- Communicating with computer users to find and fix problems
- Tracking work in progress and recording issues and solutions
- Updating online knowledge bases
- Setting up new equipment and upgrading existing systems
- Provide training on new hardware and/or software applications as requested
- Upgrading existing hardware, software and networks and all IT related equipment
- Defining and establishing schedules, setting priorities, providing support/direction and dealing with administrative issues as needed
- Creating user accounts and managing access control based on company policies and setting and configuring user’s hardware/software
- Virus/Spyware removal/detection
- Order equipment and software and maintain the IT assets inventory
We offer a competitive package commensurate with qualifications and experience to the right candidate including professional training and long-term career development opportunities.