Due to the continued expansion of our highly successful specialised engineering company, including our award winning data centre design and build business, we are looking to grow our IT Helpdesk and Administration team. We are looking for someone who is keen for a fresh challenge and wants to progress their career within the IT department.
Sudlows work throughout the UK and have a growing portfolio of clients globally. We have over 200 staff and have achieved recent growth with ongoing expansion plans. Sudlows are keen to recruit candidates who will be part of this ambition.
Working from both of our locations in Manchester and Oldham but predominantly from the Oldham office. The successful candidate will perform all duties that directly relate to the organization and standardisation of the IT department including supporting end users, monitoring the network and help with Security Audit, Data Input, Reporting, Documenting, scheduled security checks on servers and firewalls to help with security audit projects for the IT Department.
Other duties will include troubleshooting and maintaining workstations/laptops, installing security updates on workstations and servers, setting up tablets, mobiles, VOIP phone system and setup of new computers for new starters. You will be working as part of the IT Team to support 200 – 250 users in all our locations.
Skills and Experience:
- Be passionate about IT
- Work as a team player
- Have a courteous manner
- Excellent customer service skills
- The ability to explain technical issues to non-technical users
- Analysis and problem-solving skills
- The ability to prioritise and manage tasks
- Ability to work under heavy workload whilst consistently producing high-quality work to tight deadlines
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Supporting staff on the use of Windows and Office 365
- Work under own initiative to carry out departmental tasks
- Responsible for updating IT Helpdesk system and documentation
- Answering the phone and dealing with department calls
- Communicating with computer users to find and fix problems
- Tracking work in progress and recording issues and solutions
- Updating online knowledge bases
- Setting up new equipment and upgrading existing systems
- Training people on new systems, face-to-face and online
- Upgrading existing hardware, software and networks and all IT related equipment
- Other duties as may be assigned by the department director.
You will work with the Helpdesk Supervisor and the Head of IT, reporting to the Head of IT.
We offer a competitive package commensurate with qualifications and experience to the right candidate including professional training and long-term career development opportunities.